***Official Wrath of the Lich King Thread***(Contains spoilers)***

Caporegime
Trying to reconcile this and my usual theorycraft geek friend isn't online.

Why can't we enchant off hands and wands, when melee off hands and guns/bows can be enchanted? I've tried adding up figures in my head, and the only conclusion I can come up with that somewhere down the line of numbers, enabling casters to enchant these would give them too much of an advantage over melee.

However, given just how high melee dps is currently, that really can't be the case.

Soldato
Trying to reconcile this and my usual theorycraft geek friend isn't online.

Why can't we enchant off hands and wands, when melee off hands and guns/bows can be enchanted? I've tried adding up figures in my head, and the only conclusion I can come up with that somewhere down the line of numbers, enabling casters to enchant these would give them too much of an advantage over melee.

However, given just how high melee dps is currently, that really can't be the case.

At a guess, Blizz balance the game around those items not being enchanted and if they were enchantable you would just have lower stats on other items.

It's like Priest healers using wands with stats on and druid healers using an idol with no stats on but spell modifier on.

Soldato
I wouldnt say they do THAT much damage. Our fury warrior is just a bit behind my hunter mate. The hunter is usually on about 3500 dps.

On thaddius the fury warrior managed 6300dps which is pretty mad!

Associate
I wouldnt say they do THAT much damage. Our fury warrior is just a bit behind my hunter mate. The hunter is usually on about 3500 dps.

Now that depends if the hunter is BM spec? They do far too much damage officially from Blizzard and are due to be nerfed in the coming patch :D

Whoop

Caporegime

He can't have been a BM Hunter then, unless he was slacking off.

We have rogues regularly doing 9-10k dps on the highest dps fights, casters can't get anywhere near this. Melee dps is way higher then caster dps in the majority of cases, especially with the rogue bug and stacking groups to take advantage of it. Is it any wonder bosses are so easy to kill given the dps.

The game may have been balanced around not enchanting wands/idols/caster off hands, maybe its time to give the end game drops sockets.

Soldato
tbh thats the one thing i felt has been really missing.

The pure lack of items with gem sockets. Espec between 70-78 :p Theres hardly any at all. It makes the green quality gems kinda usless in my eyes.

Blacksmithing seems to way to go though with regards to gem sockets one in the wrists gloves and the boe one for waist too... amazing. :D

But still just a minor thing. Maybe they need to give the bosses more hits ? :)

Associate
I just can't wait for the 3.0.8 patch to bring Elemental Shaman dps up. I hate sitting so low atm even though I'm as geared as the rest.

We did a Naxx 10 for all the achievements last night but with 8/10 of us already having The Undying left 1 who really wanted it and one that tagged along for gear.
We smoothly cleared spiderwing with the 2 achieves from there for the missing people, finished Patchwerk off in 2mins 35 seconds with 2 healers. someone failed on thaddius and linked the tank once :( so lost "Shocking". everything else went good and got that "All goes down together" on 4 Horsemen then came saphiron and the person that wanted The Undying died on the last air phase was so hilarious.

Soldato

That's a terrible hunter! In my guild (Which just so happens to be OcUK Horde) the 15 DPS all do from 4k to 6.5k. Any hunters doing 3500dps and under in a 25 man is unacceptable. I know that currently our top DPS is a BM hunter who sometimes even break 6.7k DPS. More often than not, the second and third placed DPS would be hunters too, with shadow priest (good old me) and fury warriors not far behind.

Permabanned
I did 6100DPS on Sartharion on my DK last night which was pretty decent and was at 6500 ish on Patchwerk but then it went pear shaped as I messed up Gargoyle. :p

Associate
Fury Warriors are doing far too much damage at the moment that's for sure.

Horde Fury Warrior on Balnazzar talking here :D (anyone one else on that server?)

The damage, although high, is not OP. As a fury warrior I can only beat a hunter/shadowpriest if they are slacking. Thaddius? (the charges one i forgot his name) seems to boost warrior DPS HUGELY because it seems to affect Deep Wounds for the better and because the increased damaged gives us almost an infinite ragepool.
We suck bawlz in PvP though. I'd happily have a reduced PvE damaged output for +40% survivability -.-'

Back
Top Bottom