***Official Wrath of the Lich King Thread***(Contains spoilers)***

Associate
what build and macros though?

Loads of macros here.
Build: BM. Put points into beastmastery with a view to keeping your pet alive and making it do more dps. Use a cat until you hit level 32 then go to STV and tame a gorilla. Roll face over keyboard until level 80.
I'm levelling a hunter atm and this is my spec so far if you need some pointers.

BM is getting a big nerf next patch, but it's unlikely that its viability as a levelling build will be affected.

Soldato
And the splash back damage of SWD, give us some bones in PvP please!!

Apparently they are bad in PvP but Blizzard is nervous to make any changes to shadow priests because it's probably the most perfectly tuned spec out of the lot for PvE. They already toned down the splash back damage of SWD for example. I do agree with Platypus' comment about dispersion though, adding loss-of-control removing effect to it wouldn't make shadow priests too powerful on the PvE side of things; it's first and foremost a mana regenerating tool for us (I would never ever waste the vital mana regeneration opportunity just to mitigate damage). If it can properly serve a dual use as regen in PvE and escape utility in PvP then it would be deserving of its 41-point place.

Associate
Apparently they are bad in PvP

Bad is a understatment, totally useless and a free HK is more accurate. I used to like BG but going off them since all I do is die and can't do anything to save, or kill anybody

but Blizzard is nervous to make any changes to shadow priests because it's probably the most perfectly tuned spec out of the lot for PvE. They already toned down the splash back damage of SWD for example. I do agree with Platypus' comment about dispersion though, adding loss-of-control removing effect to it wouldn't make shadow priests too powerful on the PvE side of things; it's first and foremost a mana regenerating tool for us (I would never ever waste the vital mana regeneration opportunity just to mitigate damage). If it can properly serve a dual use as regen in PvE and escape utility in PvP then it would be deserving of its 41-point place.

Dispersion was meant to be a PvP talent but I don't think anyone regards it as such. Don't see how the removal of root effect will make it OP, Druids and do the same when they change form and thats spammable unlike Dispersion.

Back
Top Bottom