***Official Wrath of the Lich King Thread***(Contains spoilers)***

Associate
Aren't they increasing the amount of defense you need in WOTLK to five hundred and something? I don't tank (yet) but am sure I heard that discussed between 2 tanks.

Assuming the maths is the same you'll need 540 defense to become crit immune against raidbosses in WotLK.

Anyone playing a warrior? What's the best spec to solo level from 60-70 now 3.0 is out? Still Fury?

Associate
I've got a L64 Warrior and I'm spec'd in Arms with a 2H Sword, it's doing me fine so far. I'm tearing through mobs questing at the moment and doing 2 man group quests with no problems, the three man one did me in last night but that was perhaps just a little too far.

Associate
Apparently if a player becomes infected by the plague then dies you'll become a zombie yourself making you friendly to other zombies and hostile to all player factions - you then have a set of unique abilities that lets you infect other players. >:)

Soldato
I activated my account today after a year or so break but my server is dead, reading the forums it seems all the big guilds migrated and the server is low/recommended :(

I was thinking of starting again on alliance side as i have only played horde so this may not be a bad thing, just need to choose which server to play on

Soldato
All i can say is please don't join Sylvanus :(

900 person que to get on last night ... :S 45min wait, its really mucking up our raids atm.

I think this is due to meathod selling T6 and bearmounts onthe server..

Last edited:
Associate
im levelling a warrior and peeps told me arms is the best for levelling.

anewhope said:
I've got a L64 Warrior and I'm spec'd in Arms with a 2H Sword, it's doing me fine so far. I'm tearing through mobs questing at the moment and doing 2 man group quests with no problems, the three man one did me in last night but that was perhaps just a little too far.

Alright, guess I'll give arms a go then! Cheers.

Associate
In Arms I've been using a combination of; Battle Shout, Demoz Shout, Charge, Overpower, Hamstring, Mortal Strike and Execute. With the new patch it brought a new ability where 20s after making a kill you can hit another target with weapon damage (can't remember what it's called off hand) and as I say with average armour (ie mostly quest rewards) I'm not having too much of a problem.

Soldato
patch note for 3.0.3

concerning warlocks and paladins

The epic ground mount is now available on the trainer at level 61, requiring 150 riding skill, and the non-epic mount learned.

does this mean there is no more charger and dreadsteed quests?

Dup

Dup

Soldato
When the talents reset I changed from Arms to Fury. Dup's Talents.

They're not quite what I hoped from my char as I have noticed the ability to dual weild 2h weapons with 50 points under fury. I can't quite decide on a spec for my char, im currently level 65: My char

This is my first and only char. Not sure what to do. I'm questing and leveling very fast although a group quest solo would be difficult.

Soldato
When the talents reset I changed from Arms to Fury. Dup's Talents.

They're not quite what I hoped from my char as I have noticed the ability to dual weild 2h weapons with 50 points under fury. I can't quite decide on a spec for my char, im currently level 65: My char

This is my first and only char. Not sure what to do. I'm questing and leveling very fast although a group quest solo would be difficult.

Titans grip is a terrible talent atm, it need about 250 hitrating to make it worth using. just go fury with out this and your dps will be about the same in not better.

Soldato
patch note for 3.0.3

The epic ground mount is now available on the trainer at level 61, requiring 150 riding skill, and the non-epic mount learned.

I read that to mean you just pay for it from the trainer at 61.

ie - You don't have to do the quests if you own TBC. Considering the quests require items from vanilla instances and areas it's a but frustrating since the AH normally doesn't have them.

Soldato
patch note for 3.0.3

For *******************'s sake. I just spent a lot of gold and time soloing various places just to get the paladin mount, then this comes along. They need to warn players far more in advance of changes like this, especially when it comes to expensive stuff. It's a welcome change and I fully agree with it, but they need to warn the players far in advance.

Back
Top Bottom