***Official Wrath of the Lich King Thread***(Contains spoilers)***

Soldato
I couldn't initially decide between Dying Curse or Illustration of the Dragon Soul.

You're essentially looking at a constant +260 spell power, and then +71 hit and the proc for +765/10s. It's more efficient and higher dps, due to the internal cooldowns on the trinkets :).

Illustration of the Dragon Soul = 230.16 dps + Dying Curse = 113.31 dps.

Admittedly Sundial of the Exiled is 119.37dps, but I think the hit and constant boost are better then the crit.

What server do you play on mate?

Associate
Does anyone have any idea on what'd be a good build for me right now? So far I'm heavy in unholy, and about to ding 73:

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Lightning%27s+Blade&n=Fayanna

Was looking into what seems to be very popular for DK's right now, a Frost/Unholy combination, I'm not sure how well this would do for levelling? Any ideas? Would be swapping unholy aura for on a pale horse, until 80 at least.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?dea...30305103115003100203100000&glyph=211202060504

Also might drop gargoyle as I never use it atm either!

Deep Unholy is still the way to go - it gives you 2 pets to use, you just cruise through the levels, pretty much autoattacking all the way :) You can solo 3 man quests from the word go and AOE farm mobs when you feel like churning out some serious dps.

Gargoyle is getting a nerf soon as the GMs reckon it to be overpowered (my DK is too low atm to confirm that) but it's still a valuable source of extra dps. Stick with it.

Caporegime
What server do you play on mate?
EU-Bloodhoof.

And, yey for trinkets:

WoWScrnShot_010709_185416.jpg

:p.

Last edited:
Soldato
Deep Unholy is still the way to go - it gives you 2 pets to use, you just cruise through the levels, pretty much autoattacking all the way :) You can solo 3 man quests from the word go and AOE farm mobs when you feel like churning out some serious dps.

Gargoyle is getting a nerf soon as the GMs reckon it to be overpowered (my DK is too low atm to confirm that) but it's still a valuable source of extra dps. Stick with it.

Yeah, true, it is blisteringly mental dominance wise, I'm going to maybe respec easing up a bit, I barely use bone shield, might drop a bit out and respec some blood for frost, whats the worst that can happen, dislike it and respec for about 10g, no biggie eh? :) Just got a feeling frost might be sexyfun!

Permabanned
I think I'm going to try this:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=jcZugx0Ih0MhoZfr0Ibbotcq0M

Not losing much from what I have right now, will miss Ebon Plaguebringer and Unholy Blight, but I don't use them that often, this should be a nice rounded attack plan, will drop the 7 points in Desecration & Crypt Fever for now to account for being lvl 73 and work to them from here :)

You always use Ebon Plaguebringer, unless you don't use Diseases in which case you are a massive Failknight. :(

That specs bad, too many talents put in random places without even fulfilling them, I don't think there is any Frost/Unholy DPS specs out there either.

Was looking into what seems to be very popular for DK's right now, a Frost/Unholy combination, I'm not sure how well this would do for levelling? Any ideas? Would be swapping unholy aura for on a pale horse, until 80 at least.

Not really popular at all, Dual Wield for Death Knight is a minority and rightfully so.

Waiting for next patch now, DK getting Cleave sort of, not bad. :D

Last edited:
Soldato
EU-Bloodhoof.

And, yey for trinkets:

WoWScrnShot_010709_185416.jpg

:p.

Nice! Have about 2500 Bv with trinket + shield block up. Makes for some rather high shield slams.

I thought you were on my realm as a guy said in general channel about a titanium node by the same name as you! Also a guy called swordfish or something in this thread that i saw on my server.

Caporegime
Nice! Have about 2500 Bv with trinket + shield block up. Makes for some rather high shield slams.

I thought you were on my realm as a guy said in general channel about a titanium node by the same name as you! Also a guy called swordfish or something in this thread that i saw on my server.
Well; given the changes to Spirit and Shadow Priest talents, it's no longer the most reliable dps source to chuck in simply +spell power gems, so I'm sure I could get a lot higher :p.

And no, I'm a shadowpriest on Bloodhoof.

Associate
If you are going for Howling Blast, then you'll also want 5/5 Killing Machine. Having 3/5 KM is just useless imo :)

DW is getting better in 3.0.8, especially with the cooldown on HB being removed. I'm gonna give 0/32/39 a try.

Associate
The Unholy build is pretty much the standard unholy build, its got excellent single target and aoe dps as well as being an easier spec to play - its also more friendly to lower geared players. The second builds just weird.

Associate
I meant I will miss plaguebringer, but not blight that much as I don't use that a great deal ;)

The main reason with the trial spec was to try out a few things, it'll prob not be a keeper by any stretch of the imagination and a bit of a twist on

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?dea...30305103115003100203100000&glyph=211202060504

Any thoughts?

Thats close to being the best DW spec, but thing to remember about DW is that is has a higher gear requirement before it comes into its own - although once your there its the best dps spec you can have currently. (in raids at least)

and as unholy you should always be using Blight as part of your cycle in order to dump runic power, it should defenitly be part of your trash rotation.

I would suggest anyone whos looking to spec right and boost their dps for any class to look over http://elitistjerks.com/forums.php

Last edited:
The unholy build you posted is the best starting point for you.

So Blood (dps) isnt the best?

http://www.wowwiki.com/Death_knight_build_samples

There is a load of builds there and some soudn better than others.

EDIT: Ill go with that build then. Sounds cool. Should i concentrate on points in Unholy then finish the 17 in Blood or all in blood then carry on with unholy as im only 58.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom