• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Official Zotac rep underfire on Reddit with regards to the 1 - 3 % lower performance..

Associate
Well that's strange lol quick heaven results Extreme preset 1080p Score 5299 temp 69 75% fan speed can't remember rpm, it was over 2000 rpm 1890 - 1920 boost 105 power target

And this is where it gets strange stock 75c, 1627 rpm 1785 - 1860 boost, score 5317 wtf :D:rolleyes:

Doesn't make sense it was using about 15-20 w more power too lol.

The only thing I can think of is these cards gain ground at 4k they are definitely not 1080p or even 1440p cards for that matter as we've seen in benchmarks, I'll retest when I get time in 1440p don't think heaven goes to 4k

Associate
OP
Well that's strange lol quick heaven results Extreme preset 1080p Score 5299 temp 69 75% fan speed can't remember rpm, it was over 2000 rpm 1890 - 1920 boost 105 power target

And this is where it gets strange stock 75c, 1627 rpm 1785 - 1860 boost, score 5317 wtf :D:rolleyes:

Doesn't make sense it was using about 15-20 w more power too lol.

The only thing I can think of is these cards gain ground at 4k they are definitely not 1080p or even 1440p cards for that matter as we've seen in benchmarks, I'll retest when I get time in 1440p don't think heaven goes to 4k

Thank you for testing, but true enough with the 1080p thoughts.

Soldato
I bought a MSI ventus and it has the same power limit issue.. but I don't overclock really anyway.

The power limit makes a lot of difference on these cards.

Playing at 4k turning the power target up on my palit to plus 9% is the difference between getting a solid 60fps and drops to low 50s without it.

It's not really overclocking it one bar to turn up and it makes a very noticeable difference in games at 4k 60hz.

Associate
OP
The power limit makes a lot of difference on these cards.

Playing at 4k turning the power target up on my palit to plus 9% is the difference between getting a solid 60fps and drops to low 50s without it.

It's not really overclocking it one bar to turn up and it makes a very noticeable difference in games at 4k 60hz.

What temps are you seeing though? Have you set a custom fan curve to keep the temps below the throttling temp?

Soldato
What temps are you seeing though? Have you set a custom fan curve to keep the temps below the throttling temp?

Yeah I set the custom fan curve to 70c max. It does make the card louder but nothing terrible.

Here is a video I done earlier Red dead 4k with the slider all the way up (no AA) and it was 60fps constantly the whole time I was playing.

It's the same on need for speed at max settings 4k having the power target up to 9% I can play for hours without dropping below 60fps. At stock it has sharp drops to low 50's and you really notice it.

The video is bad quality but if you go to 2 mins 10secs you can see my GPU temp and boost.

I'm going to do another video later because the FPS counter I was using in nvidia experience didn't show in the recording and the fraps frame counter wasn't working in red dead.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Yeah I set the custom fan curve to 70c max. It does make the card louder but nothing terrible.

Here is a video I done earlier Red dead 4k with the slider all the way up (no AA) and it was 60fps constantly the whole time I was playing.

It's the same on need for speed at max settings 4k having the power target up to 9% I can play for hours without dropping below 60fps. At stock it has sharp drops to low 50's and you really notice it.

The video is bad quality but if you go to 2 mins 10secs you can see my GPU temp and boost.

I'm going to do another video later because the FPS counter I was using in nvidia experience didn't show in the recording and the fraps frame counter wasn't working in red dead.

Looks good, really need to see a Zotac tested before and after with a custom fan, to see how it boosts, as the magic sauce seems to be lower temps.

Caporegime
Looks good, really need to see a Zotac tested before and after with a custom fan, to see how it boosts, as the magic sauce seems to be lower temps.

Every 5C above 70C is 15Mhz off your boost (or that is what Nvidia says).

They didnt pass comment on below that. I know with previous gens that as you dropped the temps under water the boost kept rising at certain trigger points. I always got my highest boost and top scores keeping the card below 40C

Back
Top Bottom