• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Official Zotac rep underfire on Reddit with regards to the 1 - 3 % lower performance..

Associate
They cut costs on the power delivery so it doesn't have the same power limits as the FE at default?

No... I've got this card in release day from a competitor, initially that's what was thought but you cant take the power delivery slider up to a massive 105% lol but then is slightly faster than FE, And what's more impressive and surprised me is a friend suggested to me to try the new Nvidia metrics and OC tuner built into the new geforce experience and it's tuned my Zotac +90mhz, That new software from from Nvidia is great, it finds the best voltage curve as it's testing the overclock and it's working, not had a single crash in SOTTR

Associate
OP
No... I've got this card in release day from a competitor, initially that's what was thought but you cant take the power delivery slider up to a massive 105% lol but then is slightly faster than FE, And what's more impressive and surprised me is a friend suggested to me to try the new Nvidia metrics and OC tuner built into the new geforce experience and it's tuned my Zotac +90mhz, That new software from from Nvidia is great, it finds the best voltage curve as it's testing the overclock and it's working, not had a single crash in SOTTR

Have you tried a custom fan curve to keep the card under 73 degrees heat? As I read it starts to throttle at 73 degrees, but with a better fan curve, they found the card would boost much higher...

Associate
Makes me feel a bit better about my purchase

Caporegime
Have you tried a custom fan curve to keep the card under 73 degrees heat? As I read it starts to throttle at 73 degrees, but with a better fan curve, they found the card would boost much higher...

All 3080 start throttling at 70c and for every 5c in temps you lose 15Mhz of boost.

Try and keep them below 70C for max boost,.

Also some more bad news for anybody waiting on Zotac,. In Germany they had 20,000 pre orders for zotac cards on Amazon alone and people are getting emails telling them their expected delivery date is 21st January 2021!!!!

https://videocardz.com/newz/zotac-r...geforce-rtx-3080-trinity-through-amazon-alone

I can only imagine how many outstanding orders there are for Zotac worldwide across every retailer.

Associate

Yes at around 70% curve it's in the mid 60s, put it this way it's easy to get under 70, Max temp with this card vysnc off is 75c SOTTR, it has got good cooler potential for sure.

Associate
Makes me feel a bit better about my purchase

Yeah if it's anything like mine max temp if the GPU is 75c in SOTTR vysnc off

However I've created a thread I. Zotacs Reddit which they are looking into because the RGB has failed after messing about with firestorm and more and more users are reporting the issue, Zotac have said they are currently looking at the issue, The same issue I had with the 1080ti amp extreme but there was an exe fix for that but doesn't work with this model.

Associate
So a more aggressive fan curve and 105% power limit brings it inline with the FE? Obviously you have nothing left then to match an OC'd FE. You'd have to laugh if the power limit gets increased and the Zotac turns out to be the best overclocker.

Associate
So a more aggressive fan curve and 105% power limit brings it inline with the FE? Obviously you have nothing left then to match an OC'd FE. You'd have to laugh if the power limit gets increased and the Zotac turns out to be the best overclocker.

Well technically no because I've had a +95 and +94 MHz increase with Nvidias built in tuner but can't remember if that was with the results I posted will check again.

Back
Top Bottom