• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Official Zotac rep underfire on Reddit with regards to the 1 - 3 % lower performance..

Associate
I was playing black ops 3 and the game froze, I could easily force close the game with task manager.. So is this not an issue with the card?

I'm using two separate 8 pin power cables for the gpu (not a single cable with two 8 pins)

Corsair CS750M (750W Gold rated)

I'll try more games.. Hopefully it's fine

Soldato
If you set a custom fan curve do you lose the 0% fan mode when idle?

ATM I do, It wont let me run anything under 30% with a custom fan curve. I can set it but it wont do less.
If that is specific to my card, or a general 3080 thing, I don't know.

Soldato
Oh dear, clock your card back 50mhz and let me know how you get on, I've heard a few cases of MSI and Zotacs crashing at stock clocks, Mines ok but RGB is kaput, Sending back to retailer if Zotac don't fix it within the next 9 days.

Should be OK, I hear Zotac are preparing a download of capacitors and chokes to update the PCB to bring it up to spec.

Associate
Oh dear, clock your card back 50mhz and let me know how you get on, I've heard a few cases of MSI and Zotacs crashing at stock clocks, Mines ok but RGB is kaput, Sending back to retailer if Zotac don't fix it within the next 9 days.
I think it was just the games.. Black ops 3 zombies did crash before on my rx 5700 xt but never in rage 2. Been running a metro last light benchmark for 30 mins (1440p, max settings, 99% gpu usage) and haven't ran into any issues.. 65c max with 70% fan speed (it's actually very quiet at 70%, custom fan curve)

1830mhz minimum, averages about 1875mhz and hits 1950mhz..no oc

Associate
Quite a few complaints coming through on to zotac subreddit around the rgb stopping, crashes and the fans acting strange (one fan stopping, one fan pegged at 100% and so on).

Some might be due to that spectra/firestorm software they have.

Associate
Quite a few complaints coming through on to zotac subreddit around the rgb stopping, crashes and the fans acting strange (one fan stopping, one fan pegged at 100% and so on).

Some might be that spectra software they have.
There's a bug in Firestorm that borks rgb. I'd really recommend people don't dick around with the rgb until they fix that.

Back
Top Bottom