1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh Phillip Green

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by SPG, Oct 25, 2018.

1. stockhausen

Capodecina

Say what?
    Is English not your first language?
    Your comments don't appear to have much to do with mine and describing a Feminist book (or display) as "promoting irrational prejudice and discrimination" seems utterly bizarre, even for someone who has problems understanding English.

2. Angilion

Man of Honour

Since you haven't been able to understand clear English, I'll explain in more detail for you.

1) In the scenario in question, the only two options are to pay a smaller (but still large) amount of money to hush it up or pay a much larger amount of money to be judged guilty of something you weren't guilty of. You said you wouldn't do the former, so you would be doing the latter. I asked why. You didn't answer.

2) A biological group advocacy ideology (which of course requires a belief in biological group identity, i.e. a belief that "they're all the same") is promoting irrational prejudice and discrimination. It doesn't matter how fashionable it is or how much power it has - that doesn't change what it is, only how much harm it can cause.

3. SPG

Mobster

So hear we go, looking forward to someone actually stepping up and doing the right thing and stripping him of his knighthood and throwing him in a cell for the rest of his life along with his ill gotten gains.

Go go Telegraph (although the owners are also questionable)

4. RDM

Capodecina

What has he been found guilty of?

5. Yas786

Caporegime

Guilty of being an absolute idiot at the very least, if the allegations of what he did or did do to some of his employees.

Not sure that’s enough to strip him of his knighthood though.

6. stockhausen

Capodecina

Possibly not, certainly not just him; the whole "Honours Reward Scheme" is thoroughly discredited and should be abolished.

7. SPG

Mobster

Indeed, but you do not pay people off to keep quiet.......allegedly...

8. The_Abyss

Capodecina

Surely booting someone out of the scheme legitimises it?