Oh Shoot! i think i killed it :(

Associate
Great thats all i need right now :( After fixing someone elses computer, i went to plug mine back it as i connected the power cable i heard a "zzz-pop" kind of noise..... now my computer wont power on

I have tried connecting it into a different room with another power cable i know works and still nothing... does anyone know if there is anything i can check to find out whats wrong with it or have i definatly killed the PSU. I admit it was a bit dusty as i had not got round to cleaning it :(

As far as i know i have not done anything else to it, i can kind of hear it power on when i connect the cable but when i press the power button - nothing - BTW its an Antec Sonata I Piano Black Quiet Case with a 360W Smart Power PSU

Can anyone recommend me an alternative PSU that fits that is similar? as i dont think you can buy the 360W anymore

Thanks all really appreciate any help

Associate
OP
Ok so i have tried a different PSU and the system started up fine so looks like a need a new PSU.

Can someone recommend me one it was an Antec truepower 380W ATX12V

so i need something thats about the same with ATX12V - 20 pin main connector i think (mobo is a gigabyte K8ns pro)

Can anyone recommend me one?

was looking at a Antec truepower trio 430w psu but it does not say if this is a ATX12V - 20 pin or ATX12V 2.0. and it doesnt look the quietest PSU compared to the original

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom