OK ! do I buy resident evil 4 on the gamecube or wait and play it on the PC ?

Suspended
Hi I no RE4 isnt out for the PC yet but it does have a release date in the next few weeks. Do you think there would be a huge diffrence in graphics between the PC version and the gamecube ??

I have a 1080i Dell monitor and 7900GTX card, and I would play the game with a xbox 360 Pad using pinnacle gaming profiler.. my Cube is all so NTSC as well for progressive mode play.

I just cant decide which version to buy. :confused:

Your thoughts ?

XPE

XPE

Soldato
I seriously seriously SERIOULSY doubt that this game will come out this month so I would go for the Gamecube version.

Soldato
The pc version looks like the ps2 version.

ops i take that back the pc looks a little worse i think mm or im blind

Associate
Its already out for PC in some countries. Jugding by screenshots gfx are even worse than the PS2 version. No lighting effects whatsoever. Looks like a DX7 game - disappointing.

screenshot

Soldato
The PC version looks better but it seems to be completely devoid of any basic lighting effects, stuff that was available with dx7 cards. Maybe a graphical/driver bug?

Associate
n1kunj said:
I'd also like to point out that there is no mouse support. Only keyboard and gamepad. What on earth were they thinking?

I reckon the game would be too easy with a mouse. Maybe thats why theres no mouse support.

Associate
The game would not work with a mouse - the controls are part of the experience and if you could headshot everything and spin around on a dime the feeling is just not the same. I bought the gamecube that came packed in with this when it came out. It's still the only GC game I own, and I don't regret it :)

XPE

XPE

Soldato
skullman said:
Its already out for PC in some countries. Jugding by screenshots gfx are even worse than the PS2 version. No lighting effects whatsoever. Looks like a DX7 game - disappointing.

Well thats my pride taken a hit :(

What does it control like do you use the mouse???

Associate
XPE said:
Well thats my pride taken a hit :(

What does it control like do you use the mouse???

Dont have the PC version, and if I did I wouldnt use the mouse. Like I said in my previous post...after playing the PS2 version I know the game would be far too easy aiming with a mouse.

According to Wiki:

"It is said that the port will have graphics potentially superior to those of the GameCube. The PC version has been leaked in a pirated form before the worldwide release date."

...so I'm hoping these screenshots floating around the net are from that dodgy version. If the real deal looks and plays anything like the GC verison I'll buy it, if not then I aint interested.

XPE

XPE

Soldato
skullman said:
Dont have the PC version, and if I did I wouldnt use the mouse. Like I said in my previous post...after playing the PS2 version I know the game would be far too easy aiming with a mouse.

According to Wiki:

"It is said that the port will have graphics potentially superior to those of the GameCube. The PC version has been leaked in a pirated form before the worldwide release date."

...so I'm hoping these screenshots floating around the net are from that dodgy version. If the real deal looks and plays anything like the GC verison I'll buy it, if not then I aint interested.

How can a port have superior graphics to the original? Surely it can only have the same graphics as the Gamecube but with better draw distances and stuff like that.

Back
Top Bottom