Ok...so its Dec 31st. Your personal GOTY ?

Man of Honour
OP
Actually, Valheim is included in many pc website's/social media as a potential GOTY if not the GOTY but i see where your going at.

I dont feel valheim is a early access title only by name as its stable as rock, barely any bugs and offers 1000+h of content .

Did you play it? Would you put that on your top 5 favourite game you played last year(be in early access, beta etc etc or not?)

Its also not included in many too, for the same reason, that there are many who also have the same 1.0 rule. Different GOTYs have different rules, these are just mine and as I say nobody gets handed an award from my one, its just curiosity.

I did play Valheim, I put about 200 hours into it, maybe a bit more. I liked it, thought it was very good indeed. I dont feel like they really kicked on with it and added enough additional content but I'm sure that will come in 2022. I'd say yes if I was drawing up a list of my top 5 games played of 2021 Valheim would be in it, probably around 3rd or 4th on the list.

Soldato
Its also not included in many too, for the same reason, that there are many who also have the same 1.0 rule. Different GOTYs have different rules, these are just mine and as I say nobody gets handed an award from my one, its just curiosity.

I did play Valheim, I put about 200 hours into it, maybe a bit more. I liked it, thought it was very good indeed. I dont feel like they really kicked on with it and added enough additional content but I'm sure that will come in 2022. I'd say yes if I was drawing up a list of my top 5 games played of 2021 Valheim would be in it, probably around 3rd or 4th on the list.
Yea i agree they have not kicked on since then.
I need to revisit it again at some point!

Associate
Days Gone but I've literally only started in end of Dec. Quiet year really apart from the usual suspects.

Nothing at all sounds a bit like one of the story based games (think Life is Strange etc) only nothing much happens. :cry:

Soldato
This thread made me realise how rare truly good games are - and how frequently iv played "beta" games to death, to the point when they are released I don't touch them as I'm already bored! lol

Examples of this:

Played KSP for years before release, loads of mods that basically made it the same as the final game.

Now doing this with Valheim

A game has to be as good as them to keep me hooked, every other game listed in the OP is meh at best and I haven't got into any of them.

On the other end of the scale, the ONLY game I keep going back to daily, is not only finished, its almost entirely redone (with balancing) with an active community - Supreme Commander Forged Alliance Forever - simply the best RTS ever made, and I really cannot see how it will be bettered, unless they make it absolutely identical with a modern game engine.

Other than those thoughts, no GOTY for me - other than Valheim, but thats out of the OP's rules - so my official answer is 'NO GAME' - can we add that to the count ? I see there is many who have selected none as well as me.

Back
Top Bottom