Old drivers are dopey

Soldato
I am a old driver - really old - Had my 2.0 diesel Focus for 10 years and never really bothered with much of the menu on dash- Today waiting for wife I scrolled through to steering - I have always used comfort but for the trip home I put it on "Sporting" - On the way home up A41 is a dual carrageway with three nice sweeping bends - all good for 80 but whenever I went round I felt it was going round edge of a 50p coin.
Today smooth as silk and it seemed in my imagination effortless.

Was I taken in by technology ? :eek:

Caporegime
I am a old driver - really old - Had my 2.0 diesel Focus for 10 years and never really bothered with much of the menu on dash- Today waiting for wife I scrolled through to steering - I have always used comfort but for the trip home I put it on "Sporting" - On the way home up A41 is a dual carrageway with three nice sweeping bends - all good for 80 but whenever I went round I felt it was going round edge of a 50p coin.
Today smooth as silk and it seemed in my imagination effortless.

Was I taken in by technology ? :eek:
I’m puzzled by this, I’ve got a Titanium X Focus, I don’t think it’s got this option (despite being a top of the range model) are you referring to the Mk2 or 3? - I’m guessing Mk2

As for dopey, I found bunks in Scania trucks uncomfortable and too narrow for years, then last year I discovered that you pull a little red cord and the bunk slides out an extra few inches. :o :D

Soldato
I had to explain to my mum indictors that flash 3 times when you tap them. She'd owned a car with this feature for 18 months.

The silliest one is my dad always used to drive my mum's car everywhere with the front fog lights on. At the time my parents both had Citroen Xantias. Dad's didn't have front fogs. Turns out Citroen had changed the design and the front fogs on my mum's car has the switch where the normal head lights switched on on my dad's.

My own daftest moment was one of my first shifts lorry driving. Drove from Bristol to Swansea in a baking hot lorry. It only when I'd been parked up at the services for half an hour it dawned on me that the lorry's night heater was on!

Caporegime
Yes it's a 2010 Mk 2.5 titanium model - In menu there is a steering option - Comfort -standard -sport.
Thanks, I’m guessing this is a Mk2 feature, mines a Mk3, I’ll have a look again mind you! :)

My own daftest moment was one of my first shifts lorry driving. Drove from Bristol to Swansea in a baking hot lorry. It only when I'd been parked up at the services for half an hour it dawned on me that the lorry's night heater was on!

Ha!

Not alone in that one , mine was last year when I got a new shape Scania, I then had to consult the manual (Oh the man shame!) to figure out how to switch it off. :o

Man of Honour
As for dopey, I found bunks in Scania trucks uncomfortable and too narrow for years, then last year I discovered that you pull a little red cord and the bunk slides out an extra few inches. :o :D

You aren't the only one - I've heard similar stories at work. Think it was one of the old Volvos if you rotated one or both of the seats to a certain position it would allow you to extend the bunk but no one worked it out for ages (not 100% on the details).

Back
Top Bottom