Old minis...

Commissario
...are brilliant cars!
My girlfriend's mum was great/crazy enough to insure me on their mini and I had some great fun driving it this evening!
The only thing I was a bit uneasy with at first was the break pedal being so stiff and small, the rest of it was a lot of fun (apart from the lack of heating!)

Would definitely consider one of these in future...

Man of Honour
Mini's are fantastic fun, always have been and always will be. Get a lowered steering column in one, a 1348 engine and some disc brakes and suspension tweaks and you have fun to match most cars on the road around twisty little roads.

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
Lack of heating? The heater in my mini gets up to temp rather quickly, faster than mum's silly Tigra :p

Can't wait till mine's fixed and I can FINALLY start driving it. Second driving lesson on monday! :D

Associate
Lack of heating? The heater in my mini gets up to temp rather quickly, faster than mum's silly Tigra :p

Can't wait till mine's fixed and I can FINALLY start driving it. Second driving lesson on monday! :D

Should I stay off the streets of Norwich then :p Always been a fan of old mini's even more so when they have been fettled with yet retain there "oh its just a mini" looks.

Commissario
OP
Gotta be better than a micra ;)

Pfff yeh whatever!

Mini's are fantastic fun, always have been and always will be. Get a lowered steering column in one, a 1348 engine and some disc brakes and suspension tweaks and you have fun to match most cars on the road around twisty little roads.

I don't think my girlfriend's family would be too pleased if I started working on it...!

I think it's just broken/needs looking at - hopefully.

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
Should I stay off the streets of Norwich then :p Always been a fan of old mini's even more so when they have been fettled with yet retain there "oh its just a mini" looks.

Aye probably :p. It's British Racing Green with white stripes/roof if you happen to see it round mulbarton in the next few weeks ;)

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
More like months :p 8 week waiting time for a practical test alone!

Will be out with step dad. Don't expect to pass in the next few weeks!

If it's that long I'm gonna have to consider booking one soonish seriously... I need to be passed by feb or I can't get to school when my parents go on holiday :p

Associate
Aye probably :p. It's British Racing Green with white stripes/roof if you happen to see it round mulbarton in the next few weeks ;)

Will keep an eye out, ive seen Lordrobos around afew times and Vix or Kiowas in the MR2. Atleast I assume it was them, dont see many with walking frames strapped to the back. Cant miss me anyway, pootling around in my Tesco van!

Soldato
The heater will be something to do with the cable.

Minis are great fun, I love driving my girlfriends about the place and the weekend warrior is fun too ;) (1430cc, 120bhp & <600kg - miglia spec) :D

Associate
they are defo a hoot to drive, finally got the engine back in the wifes one yesterday, just need to get everything else bolted up over the next week or so and its ready to go again

Back
Top Bottom