Old USB stick from a NATO summit...

Commissario
Is there a market for this sort of thing, perhaps collectors?

p2BfSUj.jpeg

oWnI4Mb.jpeg

It didn't have the summit guide on it - I've found it, downloaded it and dumped it on but I wonder if anyone knows whether this is the sort of thing anyone would be interested in? I don't know what sort of 'collector' would have an interest in this, if any. There's nothing like it on eBay.

Man of Honour
Sell it to Russia for $bank and tell them there is some secret intel on there which you can't work out how to read.

* make sure there is no secret intel on there first

Soldato
Infosec would be having kittens with this :D

"Hi there IT, we want you to get a whole bunch of USB thumbdrives, mark them with NATO emblems and print "Summit guide" on them and drop them off near the venue" - "No I don't see any problems with that at all, we'll get right on it!"

Man of Honour
Infosec would be having kittens with this :D

"Hi there IT, we want you to get a whole bunch of USB thumbdrives, mark them with NATO emblems and print "Summit guide" on them and drop them off near the venue" - "No I don't see any problems with that at all, we'll get right on it!"
Yep :) It's actually part of our cyber security training, not to plug in any freebie pen drives from conferences and stuff.

Caporegime
I doubt there is much of a market for it - could check e-bay perhaps?

I mean NATO is a fairly large organisation so something branded with NATO is ten a penny, especially something as mundane as a USB drive. Maybe it's a step up from a branded plastic biro or a baseball cap or something I guess.

They used to be a pretty standard freebie that firms gave out. I have a Netflix one :D

I've got a bunch of random ones too. I remember at one tech firm I worked at the marketing guy was getting excited because we had some 256MB ones to give out rather than the usual (at the time) 128MB ones... and it was supposedly neat because our current valuation was circa 250million...

Best tatty freebies I've got were some branded headphones from a hedge fund (which were surprisingly not too ****) and a bottle of Maple syrup from a Canadian derivatives exchange!

Soldato
Just hint it may have recoverable data but it didnt fit in your cd drive so requires further investigations, by the highest bidder. Auctions are strange things, anything official looking that gets peoples imaginations going..

Any famous attendees to that Summit you could mention may or may not have been prior users.

I have a USB stick the shape of a credit card from a conference very useful but fragile

Back
Top Bottom