Old volvo....

Soldato
It's easy to understand - he wants a change. However, without more money it would be a step backwards.

But with just £1500, moving to a car that is higher mileage, unknown and likely to be just as boring, really? Such a risk just because it's "boring".

It would make more sense to keep the Vectra and save some money for a better position.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;29539897 said:
It's easy to understand that he wants to change - as that's what he says. It isn't, however, easy to understand the reason *why*, which is the point Rossi was making.

I change my car every 4-5 months and I still get bored, so I can easily understand why someone wants to change.

Whether it's rational or sensible is a different question.

Soldato
Another vote for keep the Vectra. At the moment you've got a car you know. If all you've got is £500 and you spend that on an unknown old, high mileage car, what do you do when the new car breaks down?

If you do end up getting rid anyway, please, please, please don't get a Volvo V40*. Tbh that car should only come in grey, because that's basically what it is. I used to have one (1.8 petrol), and while there was nothing wrong with it, it was just utterly mundane. The dashboard was a sea of grey, the styling would make a Fiat Multipla look dynamic and exciting, the drive was... well, I think the most complementary I can be is to say that the car moved backwards/forwards and turned side to side in a manner that was adequate to translate it's position from A to B...

I believe the first gen V40 is actually essentially a re-skinned Mitsubishi Charisma?

* Unless you get the T4 engine, which apparently is rather good, but probably doesn't quite meet your criteria :p

Associate
Why don't you spend the extra you have on a fun car to have on the weekends - then slowly build to track car :)
Dont see how any 20k a year diesel car is going to not be that boring given the criteria you would use to choose it, i.e. high mpg, comfort, smooth suspension etc etc

Back
Top Bottom