Ole's sacked, who next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Poch would get my vote.

If he is interested and not available until the summer that's a long time for a temp manager. How are they gonna tackle Jan transfer window ? Pogba & Lingard contact ?

fez

fez

Caporegime
Poch would get my vote.

If he is interested and not available until the summer that's a long time for a temp manager. How are they gonna tackle Jan transfer window ? Pogba & Lingard contact ?

We would need a proper interim until the end of the season if we can't get a manager we want before the summer.

With regards to Pogba and Lingard we should either sell them both or let them leave in the summer on a free. Pogba would have to take a paycut and sort his attitude out to make any new contract worth it and I don't think he cares at all about United so he will be more than happy to leave in the summer and demand a crazy contract from whoever he goes to. Lingard will probably end up at WH earning £125k/week or something.

Decent player but nothing more.

Soldato
Yeah need to get rid of the likes of Jones too who was given a new contract for some reason.

Recruitment has been dire compared to the likes of Liverpool.

I mean there have been a couple of good signings at least in the form of Sancho and VDB I would like to think. With the right manager hope everyone gets some confidence to go on a decent run of form

Don
You know Utd's recruitment is bad when good signings are a £70m player that most people would agree has had an underwhelming start to his Utd career and a £40m signing that's barely kicked a ball in 18 months.

fez

fez

Caporegime
All the Poch talk is quite interesting really because both United and Poch are in weird places.

By all accounts Poch wants out and PSG want Zidane. PSG are known for sacking managers whenever they like so Poch wouldn't be entirely stupid to see if he can engineer an amicable release from his contract there. If he sits tight he might find himself out of a job and the United job gone.

The other option is to agree that Poch will leave PSG at the end of the season and we will wait.

I imagine all this will become clear in the next week or two. I'm interested to know how we will play against Villareal. Post Mourinho I think the players were just happy to be under new management. Post Ole leaving and with a lack of interim I don't see that happening. More of the same I imagine.

Man of Honour
Watching Carrick & Maguire's press conference.

Dull beyond words. My god.

I don't think we'll get much of a bounce from the players...

Soldato
I never loved Carrick. I always thought he was a bit weak as a player and I doubt anything has changed. Pairing him up with Maguire is pure mogadon. Silky footballer but no leader and a poor replacement for Roy Keane. The best coach we had was Quieroz. We played the best football with him and he stopped the erratic cavalier style in Europe that saw us go out prematurely at times. All coaches and managers have a currency/shelf life and in today's game I think it is folly to think we will see the likes of Wenger, Ferguson who enjoyed incredible longevity. The players are too wealthy and have too much power. Not winning things is too acceptable and the agents perpetuate division.

If Pochettino joins I'd give him 18 months and no more. Extending Solskjaer for another three years was incredibly stupid - I mean who else was going to offer him anything.

fez

fez

Caporegime

No, as I said above. There is no "new manager" bounce/optimism and there is unlikely to be much "thank god that **** has gone" bounce either.

Soldato

Not gonna bother watching that :D

Carrick was a decent player but not sure what he's achieving coaching wise

Like I said will be a strange atmosphere and not much change, especially if Ole wasn't doing any coaching as has been said. Not sure what he was doing exactly then

Soldato
interesting article in the Athletic on Oles last few weeks

Link for those without a sub: https://archive.ph/t7m5L#selection-343.146-343.159

Some pretty damning content in that article, pretty much confirming what was visibly obvious as an outsider looking in.

• Terrible man management, the half time request of what was wrong vs Leicester only to then take the "I make the decisions" stance when he didn't like what he heard back. Why ask then? Madness
  • No accountability in the team when players who aren't performing aren't being left out of the starting 11, such as Maguire/Bailly, Shaw/Telles, McTominay/Fred/VDB
  • Promising players more game time and not delivering on it, fair enough buying yourself faith from players to ensure you have squad depth but what does that do for trust levels?
  • Not ruthless enough, fraternising with competitors
  • The club just beyond a joke - clearly Fletcher's role isn't clearly defined if he's basically ending up in the dugout

Don
Not much of that make sense.
It was a response to decads post above. He criticised Utd's recruitment but cited those two as good signings - although early days, Sancho hasn't come close to living up to his fee and there are opposition players that have played more minutes on the Utd pitch than DVB. If they're good signings then how bad must your bad ones be?

Associate
I think Gallardo's contract expires in December, if he does want a job in Europe then perhaps an interim position would be appealing?

Soldato
It was a response to decads post above. He criticised Utd's recruitment but cited those two as good signings - although early days, Sancho hasn't come close to living up to his fee and there are opposition players that have played more minutes on the Utd pitch than DVB. If they're good signings then how bad must your bad ones be?

I must follow your posts too often as it made perfect sense to me!

Soldato
The original post made sense. If i can understand it then your fine :p

Soldato

Sancho has talent we all know that. He's come into a broken system and was a player UTD wanted in 2020 and did not really need in 2021. The money should have been spent on CM.

However saying that, he's still a great player I am sure under the right management and formation he will be a good investment for years to come.

No one was mocking the purchase. It just has not panned out for him just yet.

Caporegime
I don't think either can be called a failure or a success yet. VdB because he's played so little and Sancho because he's only just joined. Let's wait and see how they do under the next manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom