OMG!! Virgin Cable

Soldato
For the past two weeks or so my internet speeds have become a joke, it’s usually after 4is and ok in the night maybe after 10pm or so, at first I thought it was this throttling business going on but I’ve stopped the heavy downloading & streaming etc for the past two week and the speeds are well shocking between these hours, I wouldn’t mind so much but it’s the time I browse the net the most :mad:

I'm paying £37 for this!! :mad:

/Rant!

Last edited:
Associate
Its ridiculous, whats the point of testing a 10/20mb connection let alone any connection on speedtest.net or what ever it is. Use newsgroups or the gamefiles site.

Soldato
OP
Robert said:
Download from http://gamefiles.blueyonder.co.uk

Other wise you are silly for complaining about your speeds from a random site. You know your speed is also dependant on the load of that site and what speeds they can provide.

I'm not silly enough to realise the poor speeds I'm receiving, YouTube viewing is poor, online music streams always buffer etc etc, the speed test prove this, I can post one later on tonight for a comparison,

Results/tests from the above website

Associate
The speed you were told off that shoddy online speed tester is way lower than what your getting. Your getting around 400kb/s are you sure your area is not in the process of being upgraded to 20MB unless it already has. Have you scanned for viruses and spyware ect. Try turning off your firewall and connecting streight to your modem.

Soldato
OP
1337z0r said:
The speed you were told off that shoddy online speed tester is way lower than what your getting. Your getting around 400kb/s are you sure your area is not in the process of being upgraded to 20MB unless it already has. Have you scanned for viruses and spyware ect. Try turning off your firewall and connecting streight to your modem.

I'm getting around 400kb/s? Where have I stated that :confused:

Yep tried all the usually stuff, direct connection to the VM Modem etc, my Linksys router is connected to 4 other comps in the home and there all reporting the same speeds :(

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Been with NTL/Virgin forever & have been lucky to be upgraded early with all the step up of speeds.
Currently kicking around 19's out of my 20 & has Never been below 17.
I love my connection to bits, my speeds rox & my pings Pwn :cool:
I also only pay 30 quid for my 20, TV pack & house phone :D
I am a constant moaner on the phone ;)

Caporegime
fothsn said:
I'm getting around 400kb/s? Where have I stated that :confused:

The image you posted. The sum of all the download boxes is 369.6kB/s, though you really need to run them longer to get a decent average.
2957kbps versus the 705kbps that Speedtest.net reckoned you were getting shows how completely useless it is as a test.

Soldato
Things to test:

Network card
Router
Are you on wireless

Oh and as Tolien has states - let the downloads run for longer as it isn't going to go straight to 2.4mb/s as soon as you start a download.

Soldato
OP
malc30 said:
Been with NTL/Virgin forever & have been lucky to be upgraded early with all the step up of speeds.
Currently kicking around 19's out of my 20 & has Never been below 17.
I love my connection to bits, my speeds rox & my pings Pwn :cool:
I also only pay 30 quid for my 20, TV pack & house phone :D
I am a constant moaner on the phone ;)

And you just made my night even worse :( grabs the phone and hopefully gets a reduction :p

Soldato
If you're on 20 Mb it's having a lot of problems at the moment with slow speeds, especially if you have certain models of cable modem. It'll take a bit of time to get back to normal unfortunately.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
@Fothsn
They guaranteed the price for 12 months as well mate so push as hard as you can ;)
I'll be ringing them again soon as they are doing another discount to noobs deal. I give them the "Oi i have been with you from day one paying for your Premium services, why are you giving strangers a better deal", Routine. Works every time.

Soldato
OP
malc30 said:
@fothsn
They guaranteed the price for 12 months as well mate so push as hard as you can
I'll be ringing them again soon as they are doing another discount to noobs deal. I give them the "Oi i have been with you from day one paying for your Premium services, why are you giving strangers a better deal", Routine. Works every time.

Cheers mate :) will give them a call.

@ tolien seems I have confused you with the screen shot :p Its one download after one other not all together I’ve joined/edited them as one image rather than showing several download images if you get what I mean,

Another longer download this time,

Edit/ As you can see I shouldnt fall into the throttle web ;)

Last edited:

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
HAz said:
Yea I just read that on their site, Im hardly a hardcore downloader on 2meg for Christ sake some ppl are on 20meg lol

I think you will find that us 20 meggers have no limits to our downloading where as you little pipers have :D

If i am wrong then just laugh at me, if not then laugh at him :)

Soldato
malc30 said:
I think you will find that us 20 meggers have no limits to our downloading where as you little pipers have :D

If i am wrong then just laugh at me, if not then laugh at him :)

None of the tiers have limites to how much they download.

Back
Top Bottom