On startup. My USB port makes a Hardware Disconnected Sound.

Soldato
On startup I get the windows hardware disconnected sound.

I have narrowed it down to the top right USB port on the motherboard back plate,its the USB port where you can also reflash the bios . It's 100% that , because it only happens when something is plugged into there, and it doesn't matter what item. Logitech receiver, mouse, monitor USB hub.

I want to keep using it because right now I've already almost used up all the ports at the back,and it's the slower USB2 which is ideal for the mouse receiver.

However the good news is the port works fine ., works 100% even after the windows sound(and the sound only happens the once on startup), the items work properly in that port and I don't have to take them out or anything even after the windows sound.

It's just bugging me... have any of you experienced the same. I have the B450m mortar max motherboard.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Has this only recently started doing it or always like that?

It is possible the USB driver for the root hub for that port is deferred to load after Windows start up or something along those lines.

Soldato
OP
Has this only recently started doing it or always like that?

It is possible the USB driver for the root hub for that port is deferred to load after Windows start up or something along those lines.

I'm not sure if it's always been doing it tbh , I've only just recently built this and tend to have the volume down low by habit on a system boot. Today I had it louder and noticed it..I'm not sure.

Soldato
OP
yeah just reinstalled windows and literally nothing else in but in that port and it's made that noise and it's all working so I'm just going to turn off the hardware disconnect sound and just use it now and enjoy it I reckon..just like something 100%

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I've put the issue to MSI support.

I have narrowed it down (as said earlier) to the top right USB port on the motherboard back plate,its the USB port where you can flash the bios . It's 100% that , because it only happens when something is plugged into there, and it doesn't matter what item. Logitech receiver, mouse, monitor USB hub.

Soldato
I have a MSI board with the bios flash back USB port. I experienced some weirdness with it when I plugged my unify receiver in it. So decided not bother with that port (even for bios upgrade).

I have USB hubs on my monitor so not likely to run out of ports. But maybe use a hub?

Soldato
OP
I have a MSI board with the bios flash back USB port. I experienced some weirdness with it when I plugged my unify receiver in it. So decided not bother with that port (even for bios upgrade).

I have USB hubs on my monitor so not likely to run out of ports. But maybe use a hub?

Thanks for sharing that mate. Does help to know I'm not the only one with this issue. :):)

Yeah I did think of a hub if I need one yeah.:)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP

Okay through MSI support they told me it's the Dragon Centre causing it, so I have disabled it on startup and the hardware disconnected sound has disappeared. At least I know eh. I'm going to use the port , the dragon centre values still hold true on startup and you can still go in and change settings even with it disabled on startup.

Soldato
My issues is that if I connect my unify receiver to that port my Mx master becomes intermittent. Don’t have any issues with other USB ports.

I don’t have dragon centre installed.

Back
Top Bottom