One Night In Bangkok

Associate
If you're into your tech - Pantip Plaza. I'm actually off out there as well next weekend for a couple of weeks, been over there a couple of times now - lovely country.

Liam.

Soldato
Bit random but the best fun I had there is asking a Tuk Tuk driver to drive you around the city for the day. I've spend more days in that place than I care to remember.

I had great fun, obviously play the game with him and you'll get it pretty cheap. At the time I was a cheapskate backpacker so I agreed to see carpets, suits and jewelry shops. He got his fuel vouchers and I got a free tour of the city win win.

Don
Golden Palace / Emerald Buddha for daytime, 1 night on Sukhumvit and one on Khao San

I've prob spent over a month there in last few years so hopefully can answer any questions

Soldato
Shopping at the Siam centre or MBK
Bangkok zoo
A cruise down the river (very cheap an easy) then a Tuk tuk ride
Watch some Thai boxing
Go to a high end buffet (best on an evening , you’ll need to sleep it off heh)
Visit the river market
Hire a tour guide
Visit state tower and the sky bar (featured on the Hangover 2)
Eat street food or go to a food court (top of terminal 21 is good, very very cheap too)
Visit the red light areas
Khao san road
A walk round lumphini park
Get the sky train to somewhere random
Visit the palace or a temple
Get a Traditional massage with hot tub, foot massage , the works

Watch out for scams

Depending on where you’re staying you can get a train into the heart of Bangkok , I usually get a taxi though

Man of Honour
Golden Palace / Emerald Buddha for daytime, 1 night on Sukhumvit and one on Khao San

I've prob spent over a month there in last few years so hopefully can answer any questions
Did you like KSR mate? I remember us talking about it when you were planning a trip.

I'm back in BKK for a few days in July, staying near Khao San Road when we arrive and then in Chinatown for the last night before we fly back. Looking forward to it, the Mrs hasn't been but likes hectic city life so she should like Bangkok.

Associate
Did you like KSR mate? I remember us talking about it when you were planning a trip.

I'm back in BKK for a few days in July, staying near Khao San Road when we arrive and then in Chinatown for the last night before we fly back. Looking forward to it, the Mrs hasn't been but likes hectic city life so she should like Bangkok.

KSR is pure chaos - bars on opposite sides with huge speakers trying to collapse their rivals across the road with sound waves. Fun!

Soldato
I wouldn't bother with Khao San now, the government are trying to tidy the area up now and most of the market has gone apparently, i was watching a recent youtube video a few weeks ago an it seemed so different from how it was when i was there last year!

https://www.lonelyplanet.com/news/2018/08/13/khao-san-road-cleans-up/

There are still some great bars down there though. A lot of places have already been mentioned, Lumphini park is great with roaming monitor lizards and other wildlife. If you're there on a weekend day, you must do Chatuchak weekend market, if not, Patpong night market is eye opening, as is Soy cowboy, a lot of that area and Nana plaza is a decent night out too. Then there's Chinatown (Yaraowat Rd), there's far too much to fit into a full day, i've done 2 one week stints in BKK and haven't even scratched the surface yet!

Many wouldn't agree with me, but Bangkok has probably been my favourite city to visit and i still want to go back a few times just to see more of it! Hopefully in a few years, my business will be worth a bit and i can sell it and spend a year or so in SE Asia to explore more of it!

Man of Honour
I wouldn't bother with Khao San now, the government are trying to tidy the area up now and most of the market has gone apparently, i was watching a recent youtube video a few weeks ago an it seemed so different from how it was when i was there last year!

https://www.lonelyplanet.com/news/2018/08/13/khao-san-road-cleans-up/

There are still some great bars down there though. A lot of places have already been mentioned, Lumphini park is great with roaming monitor lizards and other wildlife. If you're there on a weekend day, you must do Chatuchak weekend market, if not, Patpong night market is eye opening, as is Soy cowboy, a lot of that area and Nana plaza is a decent night out too. Then there's Chinatown (Yaraowat Rd), there's far too much to fit into a full day, i've done 2 one week stints in BKK and haven't even scratched the surface yet!

Many wouldn't agree with me, but Bangkok has probably been my favourite city to visit and i still want to go back a few times just to see more of it! Hopefully in a few years, my business will be worth a bit and i can sell it and spend a year or so in SE Asia to explore more of it!
That article says it's only in the day - looks pretty much the same to me at night as when I was there a few years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLKIwNSAIOY

Back
Top Bottom