• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

One of my 8800gtx has died.

Associate
I'm currently RMA'ing a 8800gtx. If they send me a different card as a replacement (I've read some people have received a GTX260) will that basically bugger up my SLI ?

On one hand I'm happy to get a slight upgrade on the card, however on the other hand if my SLI setup will no longer work I'm gonna lose out performance wise.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the quick reply Makhaira

I thought that might be the case :( been so long since I put it together I couldn't remember.

Soldato
Didn't one guy manage to get both of his 8800 GTX's replaced with two GTX 260's when one of his 8800 GTX's died? (he did folding or something and needed two for the same performance of a 260, can't remember exactly) If I am remembering this right, he also had two BFG 8800 GTX's so you may be in luck if you ask nicely.

Associate
OP
Didn't one guy manage to get both of his 8800 GTX's replaced with two GTX 260's when one of his 8800 GTX's died? (he did folding or something and needed two for the same performance of a 260, can't remember exactly) If I am remembering this right, he also had two BFG 8800 GTX's so you may be in luck if you ask nicely.

I was actually holding off a bit because I thought the other card was dying too, however I gave up waiting and decided to do the RMA. Maybe I should try getting in contact with them... you never know unless you ask :)

Soldato
If they are in an SLI setup then it is quite reasonable to demand the card coming back be the same type.

If they can't do that then they should replace both cards with a new type.

Associate
OP
Never got a reponse to my emails, however today I got my replacement card, and its a gtx260 maxcore oc :D

On checking some sites, it seems almost as fast as a gtx280. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom