1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One Plus Nord

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Tablets' started by joelk2, 21 Jul 2020.

1. joelk2

Soldato

How's the battery life?

2. Sho

Mobster

As long it the buds sits there i'll be happy. These will be my first wireless buds. Not used one before. Will be ordering later on. Thanks.

3. Sho

Mobster

Battery life is very good. According to my Nord last full charge was 24 hours ago. Screen time is 6hr 12mins and have 22% battery life. Should last me untill Midnight.

I watch live football on my phone. Watch alot of youtube, music and browse alot on my phone. Important documents etc. Location and bluetooth (smart band) are always on Use bluetooth headset almost everyday in the gym.

4. joelk2

Soldato

That sounds very good.

5. Sho

Mobster

Been using the Oneplus buds now for a few days. And it's been brilliant. Sits on my ears nicely. I've been to the gym with them and had no issues so far. But i haven't used the treadmill yet :p
    Voice calls are good too. Noice cancellation isn't the best. But will do me as these are my first wireless buds.

6. TheOracle

Capodecina

Pleased you like them. The noise cancellation might not be the best, but it's a lot better than the airpods lol

7. bingham67

Soldato

The warp charger is rather big any smaller replacements?

I'm enjoying the phone I noticed on Google maps it fails to connect alot and have to keep refreshing.

8. MatteRB26

Gangster

I'm considering buying a Nord outright to avoid a new contract and stick to my SIMO with O2. I'm giving it another month or so to see where the reviews go though. I'm also tempted by an 8T if they release one

9. Lustral

Wise Guy

Big price difference between a Nord vs a 8 or the 8T when it comes out.

I sent my Nord back and got a Pixel 4 XL for not much more money. Very happy with my Pixel at moment. If the normal sized 8T comes with Wireless charging , consider myself interested.

10. MatteRB26

Gangster

The main thing the Nord has going for it for me is that camera, and the fact it's only £469 for 256gb...

11. Lustral

Wise Guy

To be honest i wasnt that happy with the camera quality on it. Although it has had a few more updates it should be a bit better. But yeah the macro camera lens is pretty much redundant and a waste of space.

256Gb is too much space for my use , but of course some people like to horde it. Even 128Gb was too much for me , i only use about 40Gb on my Pixel at the moment.

12. kona786

Capodecina

Google pixel charger is compact and will do 18w fast charge.

13. MatteRB26

Gangster

Aah that sucks... I find myself taking quite a lot of up-close pictures (mostly for no reason, just cool bugs or butterflies, or some cool effect on my car...) so the Macro camera appealed - but then I read that the 7T can utilise its telephoto lens to act similar to a macro lens!

As for space - My current OP 5T is 64gb and it's been 90-100% full for about 2 years now. Lots of photos/videos (using Google drive but I like to keep certain ones on my phone), Spotify downloaded, games etc.

14. "andy"

Capodecina

Got one coming tommorow. Been holding on for the pixel 4a or 5 since much earlier this year but can't wait any longer . Couldn't even get a 4a from the states because the delivery dates are a month away after the initial ones sold out.

Hope the screen is good because I spent a week deciding whether to go for the x50 5g or Nord and it only seems to be the screen that makes a difference

15. bingham67

Soldato

Downloaded and installed the latest update now its coming up with emergency only for my Three sim no internet at all what the hell going on?

Edit: Working again now very weird didnt do anything

16. neil_g

Capodecina

anyone find the stock screen protector is a nightmare for clinging dust?

17. neoboy

Capodecina

Guessing this might be for overseas emerging markets, but a Oneplus Clover leaked as a potential $200 device.

Going by the specs though, nothing that would interest anyone here.

18. "andy"

Capodecina

I've been indecisive about these mid range phones for ages because they aren't that much better performance wise than my pixel 2 was.

What I didn't really take into account was battery savings that these new chips provide. about to run out but have had 8 hours screen time. Browsing and videos mainly but also used NFC payments plenty and a half hour navigation on maps. So light use but the pixel 2 was struggling to hit 4 hours doing the same things

Only complaint of the phone is the speaker sits right where I rest it on my finger as I'm holding it. A downside of filling the phone with screen I suppose

19. Vanquish-Storm

Mobster

Would this be a better than one of the Chinese phone models then? Like the realme or Xiaomi?

20. Squink

Soldato

OP are a Chinese brand :)

OP are known for a clean Android experience while other Chinese manufacturers load up with bloat, though OP are slowly adding bloat as time goes on.

The Nord is a good phone at an attractive price. Whether you could find better elsewhere for a similar price comes down to what you want.