**** The Official OnePlus 5 Thread ****

Soldato
I get the feeling they're delaying and seeing if they can sort some kind of fw fix, hence not wanting to commit to anything yet. Still very a very unprofessional of them, although that tweet obviously wasn't indicative of the companies overall position on the subject.

Soldato
if I'd have bought OP5, I would return it. You never know what other issues will creep up later on (and I'm pretty sure they will) yet you cannot rely on them and their support for fixing them.
On the other hand, sure, I guess most of the units would be just fine throughout their life, I just wouldn't want to take chances to be the unlucky one.

Soldato
if I'd have bought OP5, I would return it. You never know what other issues will creep up later on (and I'm pretty sure they will) yet you cannot rely on them and their support for fixing them.
On the other hand, sure, I guess most of the units would be just fine throughout their life, I just wouldn't want to take chances to be the unlucky one.
Bitter?

the phone is amazing and they have good customer support since day one of the original OP

Soldato
Bitter?

the phone is amazing and they have good customer support since day one of the original OP
Cool story bro.

10/10 would read again

I owned op2. Took me a month to return faulty, once paypal stepped in. At 300, even 350 i would give them 2nd chance with op5 if the camera was as good as hyped. It's not, the dxo mark score is laughable a the issues that surround op5 and op ensure i will never ever consider their phone again.

Last edited:
Soldato
ahahahahahahahahahaha, that's funny.

That's sarcasm, right?

I beg to differ.

Sarcasm on the second point?

As someone who has experienced OnePlus' so-called "Customer Service" on the original OnePlus, I beg to differ!

I agree the phones are brilliant, but you are delusional if you think the support is good :p

Cool story bro.

10/10 would read again

I owned op2. Took me a month to return faulty, once paypal stepped in. At 300, even 350 i would give them 2nd chance with op5 if the camera was as good as hyped. It's not, the dxo mark score is laughable a the issues that surround op5 and op ensure i will never ever consider their phone again.

my OP3 developed an issue with the camera AF. raised an RMA. was collected Monday, shipped to the Czech Republic, repaired, returned to Thursday.

Cant grumble at that :D

Soldato
Cool story bro.

10/10 would read again

i owned the one plus 2 as well and needed it replaced and they did so within a 2 week turnaround

Soldato
my OP3 developed an issue with the camera AF. raised an RMA. was collected Monday, shipped to the Czech Republic, repaired, returned to Thursday.

Cant grumble at that :D

That's awesome that you had a good experience.

My OP3 came with an awful screen bleed, sent to OP twice, week turnaround each time which was great except both times failed to acknowledge there being a problem with the screen.

So I took it to O2, they replaced the phone.

"never settle"

Their standards are low, their support is amateurish at best and their marketing department doesn't seem to talk to the rest of the company and makes blunders like "you're holding it wrong".

Last edited:
Soldato
presumably you got it from O2 then for them to replace it? why not go to them first as your retailer? that's the usual method for RMA, place of purchase then manufacturer.

Their standards are low, their support is amateurish at best and their marketing department doesn't seem to talk to the rest of the company and makes blunders like "you're holding it wrong".

oh come now. lets not forget blunders like the iphone aerial issues (thats another "you're holding it wrong" right there) and the samsung battery problems (how many fix attempts?).

people seem to be ignoring that OP is still a small company (ignoring the OPPO link, as they're supposedly run separately) in its relative infancy compared to some. yeah okay they've had some issues and some poor PR but haven't they all.

ultimately like any device jumping on the early adoption train you're going to be faced with some possible teething issues.

but i guess a bad experience is a bad experience. i always bang on about how **** netgear and vodafone are because of my previous issues with them, but it doesn't mean the majority will also suffer with their moronic ways.

(FWIW - Im not getting the OP5. My OP3 is still well up to task and the 5 doesn't seem to offer better bang for buck)

Soldato
presumably you got it from O2 then for them to replace it? why not go to them first as your retailer? that's the usual method for RMA, place of purchase then manufacturer.

oh come now. lets not forget blunders like the iphone aerial issues (thats another "you're holding it wrong" right there) and the samsung battery problems (how many fix attempts?).

people seem to be ignoring that OP is still a small company (ignoring the OPPO link, as they're supposedly run separately) in its relative infancy compared to some. yeah okay they've had some issues and some poor PR but haven't they all.

ultimately like any device jumping on the early adoption train you're going to be faced with some possible teething issues.

but i guess a bad experience is a bad experience. i always bang on about how **** netgear and vodafone are because of my previous issues with them, but it doesn't mean the majority will also suffer with their moronic ways.

(FWIW - Im not getting the OP5. My OP3 is still well up to task and the 5 doesn't seem to offer better bang for buck)

How can anyone believe that crap? BBK owns Oppo and One+ It's not a start-up or small company.

Soldato
How can anyone believe that crap? BBK owns Oppo and One+ It's not a start-up or small company.
I'm not denying the Oppo link at all, the fact Oppo are 100% shareholders is there for all to see. I've to no reason to not believe their claim that Oppo have no input in day to day running, they may share some technical designs but I don't think that's a bad thing.

And you have to admit they were and still are to some degree a low staffed company / subsidiary / whatever you want to call them compared to most of their competitors, although they've claimed to pump resources into CS.

Soldato
I'm not denying the Oppo link at all, the fact Oppo are 100% shareholders is there for all to see. I've to no reason to not believe their claim that Oppo have no input in day to day running, they may share some technical designs but I don't think that's a bad thing.

And you have to admit they were and still are to some degree a low staffed company / subsidiary / whatever you want to call them compared to most of their competitors, although they've claimed to pump resources into CS.

BBK wanted to be the biggest mobile phone producer in the world. They are now second to Samsung.
One+ can call on OPPO\Vivo\Imoo for help. One+ chose cheap parts and their support sucks.

But they are good at marketing and fooling people.

Soldato

Oneplus never suggested I go to O2 so it never occurred to me, but that's besides the point, it shouldn't matter who I sent it to.

I'm just salty and jaded af from my experience, the phone itself since being replaced has been great, but I'm just waiting for them to drop support for the 3/3T now as the 5 is out.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Well mine's going back, was collected today. Mainly because I've been underwhelmed by the camera and I'm concerned with the possible support issues going on.

I love it hardware wise, and like the near stock Android software, but I don't like the way OP have delt with the issues since its release.

I really was in two minds about it, but I just don't want to take the risk of having to fight with support later on down the line if I need to. Been there done that already thanks.

Will wait for the Pixel 2. :D

With that said, I have a Karbon case and a spare Dash cable going spare, will list them on the MM later if anyone's interested.

EDIT: https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...on-fibre-case-and-dash-type-c-cable.18785991/

Last edited:
Soldato
Well mine's going back, was collected today. Mainly because I've been underwhelmed by the camera and I'm concerned with the possible support issues going on.

I love it hardware wise, and like the near stock Android software, but I don't like the way OP have delt with the issues since its release.

I really was in two minds about it, but I just don't want to take the risk of having to fight with support later on down the line if I need to. Been there done that already thanks.

Will wait for the Pixel 2. :D

With that said, I have a Karbon case and a spare Dash cable going spare, will list them on the MM later if anyone's interested.

EDIT: https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...on-fibre-case-and-dash-type-c-cable.18785991/

My OP5 should turn up tomorrow. Interested in your case and charger cable so I've replied to your FS post. Why have you sent yours back if it didn't have any issues and you were happy with it? Don't get it...

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I was put off by the way OP had dealt with the issues, (your looking at it wrong, its your eyes etc) and having had issues with OP support in the past this concerned me, and tbh I was frankly underwhelmed by the camera.

Don't get me wrong, I really wanted to keep it, I like the hardware and the software, just a shame the two issues above bothered me enough to return it.

Last edited:
Soldato
I was put off by the way OP had dealt with the issues, (your looking at it wrong, its your eyes etc) and having had issues wit hOP support in the past this concerned me, and tbh I was frankly underwhelmed by the camera.

Don't get me wrong, I really wanted to keep it, I like the hardware and the software, just a shame the two issues above bothered me enough to return it.

My sentiments exactly and why I returned my OP5

Back
Top Bottom