**** The Official OnePlus 5 Thread ****

Soldato
Been on holiday for 2 weeks, just back. Had my OP5 since launch day and had no issues at all.

Very happy with it - very fast, good pictures, great low light shots, stock android. Decent battery life, dash charge is excellent.

Without going back over 20 pages or so - why are people returning them??? What's wrong?

Soldato
I'm seriously in need of a new phone. My Samsung S6 is cracked and the charge port wont hold the USB cable.

I'm looking at buying something like an Oppo again which has to of been my favourite phone to date (Oppo Find 5). Looking at thier new R11 it packs a SD660 CPU but this new Oneplus has caught my attention with 6GB RAM and SD835.

I've been looking at these phones:
  • Oppo R11
  • Google Pixel
  • Oneplus 5
  • Samsung S8
I've found this phone (Oneplus 5) for under £400 outside the UK too. Can anybody upload a few sample photos they have taken with the phone?

I think I might go for the Oneplus 5. I don't think I'll benefit much from having 8GB RAM over 6GB.

Soldato
The whole phone is great except for the camera. It's does the job. It's fast to launch and fast to focus but the quality is just not in the same league as the S8 and Pixel. This is the main let down of the phone, and it was just stupid of them to go dual camera yet not the make the primary camera as good as it should be. No OIS is a major downer.

Permabanned
I'm seriously in need of a new phone. My Samsung S6 is cracked and the charge port wont hold the USB cable.

I'm looking at buying something like an Oppo again which has to of been my favourite phone to date (Oppo Find 5). Looking at thier new R11 it packs a SD660 CPU but this new Oneplus has caught my attention with 6GB RAM and SD835.

I've been looking at these phones:
  • Oppo R11
  • Google Pixel
  • Oneplus 5
  • Samsung S8
I've found this phone (Oneplus 5) for under £400 outside the UK too. Can anybody upload a few sample photos they have taken with the phone?

I think I might go for the Oneplus 5. I don't think I'll benefit much from having 8GB RAM over 6GB.

Depends if the OnePlus 5 at that price is still covered by warranty if so I'd get that, otherwise get the Galaxy S8.

Oppo R11 is overpriced and under-powered, charging more than £300 for that is a bit insulting, maybe with the OnePlus price increase they felt they could push their luck a little more due to the obvious association.

Google Pixel is nice, but a little under powered compared to 2017 devices and a little boring if I'm honest.

Associate
For me it was this versus HTC U11, I wanted to like the OP5 but looks like the waterproof U11 is gonna win. Also bonus of MicroSD slot, dual sim if going with red model and it being waterproof which isn't super important but a real bonus with small children in the house!

Permabanned
Had it since release, can't say I've experience any issues at all as of yet. Battery is absolutely solid! Went away last weekend and forgot my charger. Kept the brightness low and used it as I normally would have (slightly more conscious of it draining perhaps). Managed to get all the way from Friday evening until late Sunday night with 7% to spare!

Despite the controversy, I kinda like the camera. Then again, I am coming off the back of the 3... that camera was atrocious imo.

Back
Top Bottom