**** The Official OnePlus 5 Thread ****

Associate
I'm considering the 5t myself from the 3, but didn't realise there were issues with the camera. My main gripe with the 3 is the camera to be honest. A lot of my indoor pictures come out blurry, if it wasn't for this i wouldn't have bothered with a new phone.

Don't see the issue with them updating there phones every 6 months, i'm still getting updates on my 3, which is now on Android 8. If they were ditching updates soon after then that would be an issue.

Associate
I'm considering the 5t myself from the 3, but didn't realise there were issues with the camera. My main gripe with the 3 is the camera to be honest. A lot of my indoor pictures come out blurry, if it wasn't for this i wouldn't have bothered with a new phone.

Don't see the issue with them updating there phones every 6 months, i'm still getting updates on my 3, which is now on Android 8. If they were ditching updates soon after then that would be an issue.

All of what you said about the 3 is pretty much on par with my thoughts on it up to now as well, I've noticed with my camera that some of the landscape photos are a bit slanted on the left hand side / seriously out of focus when zoomed etc.

True - with how much value for money OnePlus phones really are when compared to other flagship brands, them releasing new flagships every 6 months isn't all that bad - but for me I just can't justify it at the moment. Likewise on the updates, I am also on Android 8 and running really well.

Liam.

Associate
Got my refund back just now. So great CS from OnePlus. I got the full refund including priority shipping which I was not expecting to get back.
Fast service considering it was only picked up from my house at 2pm yesterday.

Associate
Hi. Can anyone tell me if there oneplus 5T beeps when you plug it into the dash charger. Mine doesn't but I'm sure it used to or I'm thinking of my brothers oneplus 3.
Thanks

Associate
With all the fresh announcements for the Snapdragon 845 I feel like the OP6/6T might improve drastically over the 5/5T, for the camera in particular.

Soldato
With all the fresh announcements for the Snapdragon 845 I feel like the OP6/6T might improve drastically over the 5/5T, for the camera in particular.
Bad image processing isn’t about the SoC. Look at the Pixel 2 and Samsung phones using the same chip. It’s down to the camera module they use and the software processing, dream on if you think next year’s is somehow going to have a flagship equivalent IQ camera

Soldato
https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/oxygenos-4-7-4-ota-for-the-oneplus-5t.709071/

Hi all,

We are pushing out the incremental roll-out of OxygenOS 4.7.4 OTA for the OnePlus 5T. Here are some of the highlights of this build:

Camera
  • Optimized UI of Camera
  • Improvements for photo quality

System
  • Optimizations for audio from speaker and earphones
  • Optimizations for face unlock
  • Optimizations for vibration
  • Wi-Fi battery usage optimization
  • Improved stability of fingerprint and GPS
  • General bug fixes and system stability improvements

For those who were on previous versions for OnePlus 5T, we appreciate your active feedback and attempts to reach out to us. With your help, we have been able to better optimize and improve several key areas. Thank you for your patience and as always, we look forward to hearing yourcontinued feedback in the bug reporting forum here: https://forums.oneplus.net/feedback/.

As always, this OTA will be incremental. The OTA will reach a small percentage of users today, and we'll begin a broader rollout in a few days.

Your feedback is appreciated. We may not always be able to respond to every comment in the forums, but please be assured that we take your comments and feedback seriously. Hope you enjoy!

Never Settle.

Update announced to be rolling out fixing a number of issues including camera UI and quality. Interesting to see if anything does change

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom