**** The Official OnePlus 5 Thread ****

Soldato
Haven't done anything actually. Just ran the update and connected as usual. If I notice any issues I'll post on here.

Unlike yourself I've thankfully never had any prior problems with any of my Bluetooth devices though.

Soldato
Took a relatively small drive this morning, 20 miles or so, and following a tip from another forum, I had no stutter during playback... I turned off wifi, which isn't ideal I know but it certainly seems to have helped - so far anyway :rolleyes:

I also changed the Bluetooth codec to aptX. No sure if that's contributed also?

When these OTA updates come through, are you guys factory resetting or just applying on top of what you've already got? I haven't done a reset since I bought the phone at launch. All I do is install the update, restart in Fastboot mode and delete the cache.

Soldato
Pretty close to buying one of these. The pixel 2 I didn't like the look of and seemed a bit small (the buttons seemed to take a lot of the screen). Quite tempted by the S8 (wife has just got one) but I like going off mainstream. The only parts that are putting me off is not knowing too much about oneplus, are they good at supporting their older phones with updates? Also the camera concerns me, I just need a camera that takes reasonable pictures and I can't really tell if the oneplus does that or whether it's likely to be sorted if not.

Any views

Soldato
are they good at supporting their older phones with updates? Also the camera concerns me, I just need a camera that takes reasonable pictures and I can't really tell if the oneplus does that or whether it's likely to be sorted if not.

Any views

They aren't great at supporting their old phones, they messed OP2 owners around a bit with the lack of Nougat update when they said they would. Having said that they pushed out Oreo to my OP3T earlier than I expected which was a surprise. There is no official "2 year support", they have never committed to this publically but it seems to be average.

The camera is fine, it definitely takes "reasonable" pictures, nothing to be concerned about.

Camera and software support will be better with the Pixel 2.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Just a heads up for you guys, looks like some are claiming Oneplus have had their payment system compromised....

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/an-update-on-credit-card-security.752415/

At OnePlus, we take information privacy extremely seriously. Over the weekend, members of the OnePlus community reported cases of unknown credit card transactions occurring on their credit cards post purchase from oneplus.net. We immediately began to investigate as a matter of urgency, and will keep you updated. This FAQ document will be updated to address questions raised.
  • Who might be affected?
The reports have come from some customers who made credit card payments directly on oneplus.net (without involving a third party such as PayPal). We are investigating each report.
  • Is my credit card info stored on oneplus.net?
No. Your card info is never processed or saved on our website - it is sent directly to our PCI-DSS-compliant payment processing partner over an encrypted connection, and processed on their secure servers.
  • What about the "save this card for future transactions" feature?
If you checked the "save this card for future transactions" while making a payment, all this means is that our payment processing partner encrypted and securely stored your card info and sent us a few digits (for identification purposes; see image below), plus a "token" - a string of symbols that represents your card. This token is stored in our system, but it's impossible for us to decrypt it and access your card info. Next time you make a payment at oneplus.net, this token will be recognized by our payment processing partner, who then fetches your original card info from their secure vault and uses it for payment processing.

credit-card-jpg.676588

• Is oneplus.net affected by the Magento bug?
Source: https://blog.sucuri.net/2015/04/impacts-of-a-hack-on-a-magento-ecommerce-website.html

Oneplus.net was initially built on the Magento eCommerce platform. However, since 2014 we have been re-building the entire website with custom code, and credit card payments were never implemented in Magento's payment module at all. So no, we shouldn't be affected.
  • What about the forum cases?
Source: https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/credit-card-fraud.747206/

Payment fraud is a perennial concern with all online payments. If you notice suspicious charges in your card statement, contact your bank immediately so they can reverse the payment. Our website is HTTPS encrypted, so it's very difficult to intercept traffic and inject malicious code, however we are conducting a complete audit.
  • What can I do?
If you suspect that your credit card info has been compromised, please check your card statement and contact your bank to resolve any suspicious charges. They will help you initiate a chargeback and prevent any financial loss.
  • What next?
This is an ongoing investigation. We are working with our third-party providers, and will update you on our findings as they surface. Information security is a very serious topic, and it has always been one of our top priorities. If you have any suggestions or comments, please send them to [email protected].

We would like to thank the community for bringing the issue to our notice.

Also this: https://www.fidusinfosec.com/oneplus-checkout-hacked-the-dangers-of-on-site-processing/

Associate
Pretty close to buying one of these. The pixel 2 I didn't like the look of and seemed a bit small (the buttons seemed to take a lot of the screen). Quite tempted by the S8 (wife has just got one) but I like going off mainstream. The only parts that are putting me off is not knowing too much about oneplus, are they good at supporting their older phones with updates? Also the camera concerns me, I just need a camera that takes reasonable pictures and I can't really tell if the oneplus does that or whether it's likely to be sorted if not.

Any views

Here is a camera comparison between the pixel 2 and op5t if it helps

Have you considered the Honor V10? Its similarly priced to the op5t 6gb 64gb variant.

Soldato
Have you considered the Honor V10? Its similarly priced to the op5t 6gb 64gb variant.

I've looked at it, the design i'm so so on and I quite like the One Plus (from my understanding) being closer to stock android. I also like no button on the front.

Soldato
Anyone with a 5 and the Oreo update lost their Google search bar on the home screen? Mine disappeared today. There is only a 4x1 Chrome or Google search bar in Widgets. I have 5 icons across my homescreen so the 4x1 search bar is either on the right or left but not in the centre.

Soldato
More and more of my Bluetooth headphones are now showing the battery status near the Bluetooth icon. Seems like the list of supported headphones are expanding. Great.

Associate
oneplus.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
Just a heads up for you guys, looks like some are claiming Oneplus have had their payment system compromised....

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/an-update-on-credit-card-security.752415/

Also this: https://www.fidusinfosec.com/oneplus-checkout-hacked-the-dangers-of-on-site-processing/

Confirmed to me via email yesterday - "We are deeply sorry to inform you that following an attack on our systems, your credit card data may have been compromised. This data includes the card number, expiry date and security code that you entered at oneplus.net."

I have had a bunch of payments go out to wuaki.tv, and a £92 payment to John Lewis flagged it up to my CC provider (Halifax). New card on the way - though having gone through the transaction review process on Wednesday, the wuaki.tv transactions are still showing on my online CC statement :(

https://ibb.co/bUv5Tb
oneplus.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom