OnePlus 5T or HTC U11+

Soldato
I need a new phone after this Nexus 6P is dying every 4 hours. I like both but undecided which one will give me the best long lasting life with as close to Android OS as possible.

What would be your choice?

Associate
I suspect the U11+ will end up being the better phone - higher quality screen, edge squeeze feature, front facing stereo speakers, audiophile grade sound , camera, battery etc. while matching it's specs in all other areas. The OP5T will look closer to stock android, but not by a huge amount, and to be fair HTC will probably come out with faster updates. I vote for the HTC, unsurprisingly.

Associate
The HTC has a larger battery than OP5T but does power a higher resolution screen. Both are on my shortlist along with the Pixel 2. The HTC is £629 and OP £499.

Soldato
OP
Battery life really is the key for me as the Nexus 6P is just soooo bad. I know Huawei admitted there was a problem but I can't exchange mine due to a bump/cracked rear glass and it 'invalidates the warranty' so I am stumped with this poor phone.

Associate
On paper the battery on the HTC is a BIG battery, but it hasn't officially been tested yet. I see no reason to suppose it wont be good though (unlike the Razer phone who's 120Hz display apparently does harm the battery life, as well as rumoured poor optimisation).

Soldato
Sense UI is optimised very well. Just to put it into perspective I was easily hitting 6 hours SOT on the HTC U11 and that had a 3000mAh battery.

It's the most complete phone out there out of all the flagships IMO my vote goes with the U11+

Soldato
OP
Not so bothered about the back as for the first time (and I learnt my lesson after the 6P) I will put a case on it.

Screen doesn't really bother me as such. Speed and battery life are my real preferences, everything else is a bonus.

Last edited:
Permabanned
A good display is a good display, surely? I've never been hung up on what tech a display uses as long as it looks good. I bet it wont have a nasty blue colour shift for starters! :)

You only get colour shifting at extreme viewing angles where you would struggle to read anything regardless.

Soldato
One massive issue with the 5T if you value updates. It doesn't support Project Treble nor will there be a timeframe in the future to do so.

http://www.techradar.com/news/onepl...t-project-treble-androids-easy-update-feature

Don't know why people are getting hung up on this. Just because treble is around doesn't mean all companies are magically going to start updating their phones after certain periods. They will still stick to their same crappy timeframes.

If you like stock android then the op5t is the only way to go. Sense is decent & optimised but it's no where near stock as the OP is.

Soldato
You're forgetting the security issues that OP have recently had.

I rather have a secure device than deal with a company that cannot offer secure devices from the off.

Lastly OP is not the only stock like phone that is on offer there's also the Nokia 8 which offers way better value for money but not the form factor if you like 18:9 screens and various other Moto phones.

Back
Top Bottom