OnePlus 5T or HTC U11+

Soldato
This is what I read about back in the ARS Technica deep dive on Oreo. Beautiful.

AOSP rom but with OEM Camera app is all we really need.

I don't think that'll work sadly :(

As you'll need the framework that the OEM puts in & that won't work with AOSP afaik. So a Samsung phone with AOSP & their camera app I don't think will be a possibility. But you never know! I agree it would be awesome, More phones should be like the old GPE days!

Soldato
Hehe sorry if i seem a little rude with my replies.

If it was before Lenovo took over I'd have recommended Motorola all day long but not anymore.

It's all good no need to apologise I wasn't offended at all. Agree Lenovo killed Motorola's fine update record. I have a G5 sitting at home and it hasn't even received one update and is still stuck on the Jan 2017 security patch.

Soldato
Pre-ordered me a U11+ for £629 - couldn't resist really!

Now to hope they don't run out of stock and I have to wait until January to receive it :D

My Motorola X Style is getting really sluggish now so looking forward to something fresh.

Soldato
@lamboman where did you order from and how much did you pay?
@benparker As those above, from HTC themselves (linking as I don't think this classes as competition for OcUK: https://www.htc.com/uk/newsletter/) at £629. Steal at that price to be honest.

Today is the last day of the offer so I'd hurry!

I've had a quick scout around at the other offerings, Huawei have the Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro but the former is 16:9, the latter is lower resolution OLED, and both do not have a microSD card slot (nice bonus that the U11+ has).

Soldato
I can't see the deal for £629.
@benparker Follow the link I posted, register using your email address, then log in via 'HTC Club Member Sign In'. Can't miss it after that.

U11+ has not sold out yet (perhaps they don't have a limit but I doubt they'd have sold too many units, seems to be a very quiet release unfortunately).

Soldato
It does now say back ordered on the HTC Club page when you click through from the screen where all the other phones are "Sold Out" which I'm pretty sure it wasn't when I pre-ordered so maybe they've now sold their initial production run!

Just hoping this arrives before the 22nd of Dec as that's when I'm off to Austria for Christmas!

Soldato
Yes I read the review. Owners of the actual phone don't seem to find it an issue and disagree with the battery life results.

Been following some posted on XDA but will judge the device when it arrives.

Associate
That is a surprisingly poor result for the battery - but then didn't they have the same with the Razer phone, which other reviews tended to find otherwise? The screen, well that seems to be the hot topic of late for phones, I'm sure its probably fine in real use. I've been happy enough with the "crap" screen on my Pixel 2 XL. I guess its about managing expectations.

Back
Top Bottom