Online repairs by Quick Mobile Fix any good?

Associate
Hello all,

My clumsy daughter dropped her iPhone 6, I'm not so good with DIY so not even going to attempt and fix it myself.

I did some research on google to get it sent off for repair as I live in the sticks. I came across this company Quick Mobile Fix, amongst a few others, these seem good and had positive reviews but I'm still sceptical, just wondered, has anyone used them or any other online repair company before?

Thank you in advance for your suggestions :)

Jane x

Soldato
Are they an official apple repair center? if not then they will not be using official apple parts.

For a 6 i would use apple to fix it. Its still a high value phone so worth using real parts not OEM chinese clone bits!

Soldato
See I never would use a screen from an OEM as I am sure it would not be the same resolution/quality as the original Apple part.

That was my experience - I used techbods for an iphone 4 screen repair. They were very good but the screen seemed to be less resistant to knocks afterwards. Actual quality was fine though but you did get the feeling it was no longer as resilient :( That said I wouldn't have paid over £100 which is what apple wanted against the £60 techbods charged

Associate
Do Apple actually repair your the phone or just give you a refurb? Having had an Apple refurb or 'refreshed' I couldn't distinguish it from a new one, it looked totally pristine.

Associate
OP
I may have to drive to Apple it seems in town, however, it did say they use grade a parts and you get a warranty and reviews were really good. May see Apples prices and talk to them before i make my decision, although the daughter is pestering me :rolleyes: thanks for the messages!

Soldato
I may have to drive to Apple it seems in town, however, it did say they use grade a parts and you get a warranty and reviews were really good. May see Apples prices and talk to them before i make my decision, although the daughter is pestering me :rolleyes: thanks for the messages!

Check my first reply it has a link to apple support, it is where I would take my phone if I were you, not worth skimping tenners on a phone worth half K.

Soldato

Grade A parts means nothing more than "the best chinese knock off parts we could find".... apple do not sell parts to anyone. Only an apple store or an official apple repair center will have official new apple parts.

You may find genuine second hand parts on ebay, from stripped phones that had other issues. Ignore anyone who says "blah blah i know a repair place that has new real parts" they are talking rubbish. At best they may have real parts from stipped phones.

I should know, as we repair phones where i work and have a good relationship with several supply/repair companies... and all confirm that getting real apple parts is like harvesting unicorn horns! :p

For an iphone 6 get it done at an apple store IMHO. For a 5 may as well just get it done at a good repair place that use the best chinese screens, some are quite fine and fitted properly are near as damn it to the original.

Last edited:
Associate
Very poor service from Quick Mobile Fix

Am a bit late to this thread but just in case others are considering using this company I would severely warn against this. I ordered a phone for my 11-year old son on a 3-5 day delivery service, 10 days ago. It is still not here and the company have seemed entirely disinterested in resolving this issue for me - merely blaming the courier service (that they employ and subcontract with). I chose them because they were cheap and seemed to have some decent feedback, I sincerely wish I'd paid a little more as I've been so concerned about my son travelling to his new school alone in another town that I've spent most of the week arranging lifts and paying for taxis. Aaaargh. A total disaster and an incredibly poor response to my requests for help in resolving this. AVOID!

Soldato
Grade A parts means nothing more than "the best chinese knock off parts we could find".... apple do not sell parts to anyone. Only an apple store or an official apple repair center will have official new apple parts.

You may find genuine second hand parts on ebay, from stripped phones that had other issues. Ignore anyone who says "blah blah i know a repair place that has new real parts" they are talking rubbish. At best they may have real parts from stipped phones.

I should know, as we repair phones where i work and have a good relationship with several supply/repair companies... and all confirm that getting real apple parts is like harvesting unicorn horns! :p

For an iphone 6 get it done at an apple store IMHO. For a 5 may as well just get it done at a good repair place that use the best chinese screens, some are quite fine and fitted properly are near as damn it to the original.

I run a phone repair side line, stopped atm.

My Supplier sells reglassed genuine screens.
LCD is genuine, Touch screen is not.

Only 10 returns to him on iphone 6 screens out of at least 300+.

Also The Chinese copy screens, absolutely nothing wrong with them if you buy the decent quality ones.

Most people around here are much more interested in saving £20 than worrying about OEM or Genuine

You can buy Genuine screen's, just be prepared to pay a fortune.

Associate
Don't use Quick Mobile Fix whatever you do, they'll have your phone for weeks and perform a second rate repair. That's what they did to me.

Back
Top Bottom