Online shop has no record of me

Soldato
Dixons (I know it's a comptetitor, but not in the context of this thread).

I bought a camera for the GF in Dec 2009 from Dixons. I had to think long and hard about where I actually bought it from, but thankfully, I knew roughly when and the search powers of OcUK and my Internet Banking history resolved the vendor name.

I bought it from Dixons on 1st December 2009, however, if I try to log on to Dixons website, it says my password/username is incorrect. If I try to "remember password" it says my email address is not recognised. I only have the one (that I use for online purchases).

Reason I need it, is because I am claiming for the camera on travel insurance and they need to see proof of purchase. I don't or can't find the original receipt.

Is it common for online shops to delete account history if not used for a long time? What else can I do to proove PoP. I can show my bank statement but all that shows is that I spent £x amount at Dixons on the 1st December 2009

Soldato
OP
I do (have just found) an email from Revoo on behalf of Dixons saying "Your Canon Camera. Thank you for buying your Canon camer from Dixons".

The email was Feb last year. I had to use the gmail search function. Goodness knows what folder that is in!

Soldato
When Dixon's went bust (not sure if they actually went bust or just relaunched the whole business when they closed all the shops) didn't they relaunch their website?

They might require all old customers to sign up again

Soldato
OP
it archives it automatically apparently. Basically, anything you don't ever delete, and if it sits in your inbox, it moves to All mail. New to me, handy though as I've kinda found the receipt (but not quite). lol

Back
Top Bottom