1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Online video converters? Big files

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Edward78, 17 Nov 2021.

1. Edward78

Soldato

Up to 5 gigs?

2. Diddums

Capodecina

Converting from what to what?

3. Derek W

Capodecina

Can you try a video editing software trial at all? Download something like a 7 day trial of Adobe Premier Pro go to the video suite with whichever file you want to convert load it in and then do an export as they've got a load of different file type options?

4. Pho

Sgarrista

Might need a bit more detail about what you're trying to achieve? What format are you looking to go from/to etc?

The free version of DaVinci Resolve is incredible and relatively easy to use with the aid of bit of YouTube tutorials etc. You only need a standard mouse/keyboard to use it not a whole full on editing suite like some of their photos show.

I've used Adobe Premiere and Sony Vegas in the past and this seems very up there. I'm not a pro, I've just used them to cut-up a few videos with transitions etc.

5. Derek W

Capodecina

Aye I've got premier elements so its the light version of pro that's why i referenced that one but like yourself I've just used it for chopping together football highlights so only scratched the surface for what it can do.

6. chroniclard

Capodecina

Handbrake no good?

7. Energize

Caporegime

For such a small file why not just use your own machine?

I tend to use AVIdemux, but it's not the most beginner friendly.

8. Werewolf

Commissario

I'm not sure how many online converters would do 5gb, if you've not tried it Handbrake is extremely easy to use and does all sorts of things.
    IIRC it's only a few megs to download and reasonably fast even with older hardware.

9. mid_gen

Capodecina

As already suggested....use Handbrake. Unless you (and the online converter) have extremely fast internet, it's likely to be faster doing it locally.

10. cu3ed

Capodecina

Even VLC has a bunch of codecs you can can use it to convert files.

11. Edward78

Soldato

It is a .ts file (I think) no extension was their, I added it, a google search of where it came from said so.

12. Energize

Caporegime

.ts file is a dvd video file.

13. Edward78

Soldato

Close, but google says it is not exactly.

14. Pho

Sgarrista

ts can also be transport stream, it's the format I get if I record stuff off TV on my PC (I have a couple of cheap Freeview HD USB sticks). VLC etc plays them fine.

If you open it in MediaInfo (https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo) it should confirm exactly what type of format it is.