Onrush - PS4/Xbox One

Soldato
I tried it just now, but I don't get the game modes. I have a blue team and an orange team. I can't catch up to the orange team and taking down neutral players seemingly does nothing?

It overall feels too "light" to play. You can brush a car and it's destroyed, flying off into the distance etc. Not my cuppa tea sadly.

Soldato
I have not noticed any slowdown or stuttering on Gravel on X.

I tried it earlier and honestly it's pretty unplayable, it must run at 10 fps at times, it's worse when you have the windscreen in view, the reflection especially on the Las Vegas track are terrible and performance takes a hit.

I originally bought it and played it on the PS4 as the developers said the the Xbox version would not have HDR (something to do with the software engine not working well on xbox).

Have you played it recently as I noticed that it does have HDR and wondering if that was patched into it later and ruined performance but when you played it was OK?

Edit.....

Just found the interview with developers who said:

Can you explain why HDR won’t be available on Microsoft’s console?

When the game’s development started, the Unreal Engine 4 didn’t support HDR on the platform yet. This is the reason behind the absence of HDR. Obviously, we’re working so that our next titles will have HDR compatibility on this platform as well.

And I just read that it was patched a couple of weeks ago with HDR, will be interested to know if you've played since then and if the performance has taken a hit as a result.

Last edited:
Soldato
I tried it earlier and honestly it's pretty unplayable, it must run at 10 fps at times, it's worse when you have the windscreen in view, the reflection especially on the Las Vegas track are terrible and performance takes a hit.

I originally bought it and played it on the PS4 as the developers said the the Xbox version would not have HDR (something to do with the software engine not working well on xbox).

Have you played it recently as I noticed that it does have HDR and wondering if that was patched into it later and ruined performance but when you played it was OK?

Edit.....

Just found the interview with developers who said:

Can you explain why HDR won’t be available on Microsoft’s console?

When the game’s development started, the Unreal Engine 4 didn’t support HDR on the platform yet. This is the reason behind the absence of HDR. Obviously, we’re working so that our next titles will have HDR compatibility on this platform as well.

And I just read that it was patched a couple of weeks ago with HDR, will be interested to know if you've played since then and if the performance has taken a hit as a result.

Yep Gravel is awful with latest update the frame rate is horrendous on one X to the point of hurting my eyes.... Was fine before.......

Soldato
Yep Gravel is awful with latest update the frame rate is horrendous on one X to the point of hurting my eyes.... Was fine before.......

Thanks for checking, at least I know it's not me.

I bought the PS4 version originally as it was the better of the 2 with HDR but I played the demo on the X and recall it being ok (without HDR). I was surprised when I got the full version and it was pretty much unplayable.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom