Opinions on getting a smaller bike in between test

Associate
I booked my whole training and tests in 1 go but all spread out to give me time to take it all in.
I just completed the cbt and was told to do an improvers course to iron out some bits before i go on the big bikes. Although i was confident, i can see the issues i had. I know how to do it all but putting it all together works most of the time, but the od time, i'll let the clutch out too quick or only break with my had and put the wrong foot down. Little things but enough to cause issues. I know if i had just a few more bashes at it i would have it down no problems. I've had mixed responses to what im thinking and i want to know what people here think.
I have the improver course next Friday 24th and the mod 1 training and test on the Sunday/Monday 26th 27th.
Would it be worth buying a 125 to drive it about for a week to i can get it all down smoothly or should i just hope i get it down on the improver course?

Man of Honour
Not worth the cost just for a week really, those things sound so minor that you'll iron them out in an hour or two of proper lessons.

Transmission breaker
Don
I rode around on my 125 for two years before doing my MODs, and it helped with my riding overall. Clearly 2 years of riding about will make it all feel a lot more natural. However, if you are going straight into your MODs, it's perhaps not worth the costs, time and risks to buy a 125 and ride it when proper training is just around the corner.

Soldato
Steve was looking at renting a 125 for a few days but the place in Bournemouth were useless. Even when they answered the phone said they were very busy at the moment and didn't even bother to offer a call back. He's gone and got an extra session at the training place as an alternative

Back
Top Bottom