Opinions Tenda AC9 AC1200 wireless router

So, Tenda AC9 AC1200 is coming. When it arrives, I am gonna share the experience.
Hopefully, this is a high-quality router and will see big improvement.

Did you read the linked review? Surely you realised that if it was the cheapest and fastest device tested it must have had something seriously wrong with it to get it a score of 3/5?

linked review said:
The firmware and the mobile app do not meet modern expectations regarding security
    • The multi-lingual support is poor and a few English translations are missing
    • The user interface for administering this device is very rough, with many typos and mistakes
    • There is no Help available in the admin user interface
    • If you download something like a large game using an Ethernet connection, your wireless network stops working
    • Tenda AC9 AC1200 lacks a basic QoS (Quality of Service) that would have offered a better quality connection when multiple devices request lots of data at once
    • It offers only USB 2.0
    • You cannot mount it on walls

Did you read the linked review? Surely you realised that if it was the cheapest and fastest device tested it must have had something seriously wrong with it to get it a score of 3/5?

The writer of the review decided to crap on the otherwise great product. Similar to how reviewers **** on AMD's Ryzens or in the past - on the Athlons.

Here I have another, better review: https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/8065/tenda-ac9-ac1200-dual-band-wireless-router-review/index6.html

Tenda has done quite well with the AC9 as it represents a true budget platform that nearly anyone can afford. With its MSRP hovering around $39.99, I don't think I have seen a router ever come near this price and offer the level of features this platform does. The plastics aren't as good as you get with a heavy hitter like Netgear or Linksys and it feels quite cheap in hand, but it's good enough to sit on a shelf and dole out Wi-Fi signals.

As far as performance is concerned, Tenda went through a few firmware revisions with this router before it got to where it is currently. I've had this solution sent to me twice, and the second time all the issues were ironed out and the router ran without issue. With that, I was able to get a good deal of performance from the LAN ports along with the 2.4GHz band. The WAN performance was towards the bottom of my charts as was the 5GHz 80 performance, but then again, I've only tested a few other AC1200 solutions. Overall, as an entry-level solution at a great price, the Tenda AC9 works quite well. It's a decent upgrade for those on a budget moving from 802.11b or g and a slight upgrade in processing performance for many on 802.11n. The price is what is going to capture people's attention, and rightly so.

Read more: https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/8065/tenda-ac9-ac1200-dual-band-wireless-router-review/index6.html

Read more: https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/8065/tenda-ac9-ac1200-dual-band-wireless-router-review/index6.html

If it’s such a great review why is the Tenda AC9 rock bottom of the AC performance table? What the reviewer says is that Tenda sent him the AC9 TWICE. The first time it was fast but buggy and the second time the bugs were ironed out but it obviously wasn’t as fast anymore.

I think the first reviewer only got the AC9 that the Tweaktown reviewer got first time round. Fast but buggy.

I’m sure you’ll get the firmware updated in no time but I don’t think you’ll see any improvement in WiFi performance over what you currently have because what you currently have is as good as or better than the Tenda AC9. When you have worked that out, send it back and order the Mikrotik hAP AC Lite. And then you will be impressed for the money.

If it’s such a great review why is the Tenda AC9 rock bottom of the AC performance table? What the reviewer says is that Tenda sent him the AC9 TWICE. The first time it was fast but buggy and the second time the bugs were ironed out but it obviously wasn’t as fast anymore.

I think the first reviewer only got the AC9 that the Tweaktown reviewer got first time round. Fast but buggy.

I’m sure you’ll get the firmware updated in no time but I don’t think you’ll see any improvement in WiFi performance over what you currently have because what you currently have is as good as or better than the Tenda AC9. When you have worked that out, send it back and order the Mikrotik hAP AC Lite. And then you will be impressed for the money.

Well, I checked the Mikrotik hAP AC Lite and while it is cheaper, it is not ok for me. It has only 10/100 ports. I need 1000 gigabit ports too.
Also, some people are not happy at all with their customer service, say that the support don't answer the emails.
I do not need an access point for professional purposes with internal (and possibly quite weak) antennae.

So, I will stick to Tenda AC9 AC1200.
If any problems, maybe in the future will give the Mikrotik hAP AC Lite a try. Maybe.

I’m sure you’ll get the firmware updated in no time but I don’t think you’ll see any improvement in WiFi performance over what you currently have because what you currently have is as good as or better than the Tenda AC9.

Right now, I do have impressions on the Tenda AC9 AC1200 router. It is indeed an excellent router for the price.
It supports a signal strength much superior than my old cheap TP-Link, and connection is excellent, without any problems.
And I do see better download and upload speeds. It just gets to 100% of the cable speed (if the cable is directly connected to my notebook).

Back
Top Bottom