*** OPPO Find X5 Pro ***

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Zoom is not just used to get closer to an object. It's also used to get a different perspective of a scene. It compresses background and foreground. And gives a less distorted image and more true to life representation vs a wide and ultrawide.

And also when you're at this end of the price range all 3 cameras should be good to excellent.
I don't deny what you are saying is true but... For most people, I would say 90% of photos taken are viewed on their phone. Or sent via WhatsApp etc for someone else to view... On their phone. Or uploaded to social media and viewed... On a phone. Maybe viewed on a desktop PC once in a while. So all these things you mention are great but in real life will be hardly noticeable, unless you are someone who takes photography seriously, which I don't think many people do.

Soldato
I don't deny what you are saying is true but... For most people, I would say 90% of photos taken are viewed on their phone. Or sent via WhatsApp etc for someone else to view... On their phone. Or uploaded to social media and viewed... On a phone. Maybe viewed on a desktop PC once in a while. So all these things you mention are great but in real life will be hardly noticeable, unless you are someone who takes photography seriously, which I don't think many people do.

If that's the case then for most people, an average potato cam will do. Which is fine if you're paying average money.

At this price point, average just doesn't cut it.

Many people appreciate a good quality photo regardless of its viewed on a phone or otherwise. Phones screens are in general good to excellent on most phones.

On a side note and in general, personally I dislike most phone cams as they go too far with sharpening. A tell tale sign that it was shot with a phone and not a dedicated cam. And it's something that's easy to add with editing but hard to remove.

I get it's all preference and each to their own. There is no right or wrong.

Soldato
On a separate note, update on the gift pack from Oppo:

We can confirm that your claim is currently being prepared for despatch.
You will receive an email containing the tracking information relating to your delivery very shortly.

Edit: actually just randomly took delivery for it. No email suggesting delivery or anything...

Last edited:

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
On a separate note, update on the gift pack from Oppo:

We can confirm that your claim is currently being prepared for despatch.
You will receive an email containing the tracking information relating to your delivery very shortly.

Edit: actually just randomly took delivery for it. No email suggesting delivery or anything...
Who was the courier? And how are the gifts?

I emailed OPPO today to ask about my claim and they said.. Currys head office are taking longer than expected to verify.. no surprises, definitely lesson learnt to never use Currys even if saving ££. Fair play to OPPO though it was instant email replies, what I like to see, good customer service.

Associate
Aye I spoke to them on twitter and said it was retailers holding it up with verification.

Just got a DPD notification this morning though, I've got a parcel coming which I assume is the gift pack on Tuesday.

No email confirmation. Affordable Mobiles was my vendor.

hux

hux

Soldato
I have an Asus Rog 3 and I'm feeling the itch to upgrade, would this be a worthwhile upgrade?

I love how I can set charging to 80%, and the stereo speakers, however the camera isn't very good which hurts.

Soldato
Who was the courier? And how are the gifts?

I emailed OPPO today to ask about my claim and they said.. Currys head office are taking longer than expected to verify.. no surprises, definitely lesson learnt to never use Currys even if saving ££. Fair play to OPPO though it was instant email replies, what I like to see, good customer service.

DPD, gift box is very premium. I'm only keeping the wireless charger and selling the earphones and watch to be honest. I think I actually prefer the original case that came out the phone as the Kevlar doesn't feel as protective.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
DPD, gift box is very premium. I'm only keeping the wireless charger and selling the earphones and watch to be honest. I think I actually prefer the original case that came out the phone as the Kevlar doesn't feel as protective.
Did you get round to selling the earphones and watch? If yes how much for? I'm still waiting for my gift pack, Currys still dragging their heels. Have emailed OPPO this morning let's see what they say.

The more I'm using this phone the more I'm loving it. It's such a dream to use. Also getting 7hrs SOT with a lot of high performance gaming and video calling. 120hz refresh and resolution up to QHD+ so no cutting corners. The super fast charging is just the cherry on top. So glad got this over the S22U.

Soldato
OP
Does the X3 Pro have the same screen size as X5 Pro? Need to find a decent tempered glass. My current phone was saved from a chip as I had a tempered glass on.

Associate
Just picked up one of these today since my upgrade was due.
Seems good so far. Any thoughts from anyone who has had one for a few months ?
Included case is nice but not the grippiest. Might pick up a Spigen

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Just picked up one of these today since my upgrade was due.
Seems good so far. Any thoughts from anyone who has had one for a few months ?
Included case is nice but not the grippiest. Might pick up a Spigen
Only issue I have is sending videos via WhatsApp - they end up laggy. Seems it's a phone wide problem, worldwide.

Apart from that I love it. Using the Kevlar case that came in the gift pack, saved me a couple of times when I dropped the phone. Definitely get a case that keeps it slim.

Soldato
Only issue I have is sending videos via WhatsApp - they end up laggy. Seems it's a phone wide problem, worldwide.

Apart from that I love it. Using the Kevlar case that came in the gift pack, saved me a couple of times when I dropped the phone. Definitely get a case that keeps it slim.
Are you shooting in 60fps?

Associate
I have a problem regarding the Bluetooth volume. I paired the phone to my 3M Worktunes headphones today and the volume was ok to start with, then they went really quite and even on max the volume is really low. What am i missing? My old Note 9 was sweet as running these headphones.

Back
Top Bottom