Soldato
Hi,

Need some help please to try and figure out the best way to set this up:

TV - LG OLED55B6V
Soundbar - LG SN7CY
Sky Glass Puck
Xbox Series X
Switch

I had the sound going through via ARC but the bar wants to keep defaulting to OPT and I can’t seem to get it to work on ARC.

However, thinking that I might not be getting the best sound output - the TV is not Atmos compatible, but I do have Atmos through sky glass and believe this should work via the puck if bypassing the TV for the initial input and then returning via arc?

Also at the moment to get sound out the switch I seem to have to have the sky puck turned on and it goes silent if that goes on standby.

So in order to get the best sound (Atmos ideally) and picture, what order should I be plugging things into each other?

Thanks!

Soldato
OP
Yea I think that's what I meant:D. Does the puck actually output atmos?

According to a number of posts on the Sky forums, the puck apparently does output Atmos - Which I was suprised about tbh.

I will have a play around and see. Only annoying thing is all my cables are hidden behind the plasterboard which I then sealed up. The one currently going into the SB isn't a high speed cable, so it may be a messy job re-doing it all. Think I will just give it a go "loose" first before embarking on opening the wall back up again!

Soldato
According to a number of posts on the Sky forums, the puck apparently does output Atmos - Which I was suprised about tbh.

I will have a play around and see. Only annoying thing is all my cables are hidden behind the plasterboard which I then sealed up. The one currently going into the SB isn't a high speed cable, so it may be a messy job re-doing it all. Think I will just give it a go "loose" first before embarking on opening the wall back up again!
Just as a double check then, is there an option to enable atmos in the sky menu. When we had q you could set a few different audio options, so might be worth checking whether it's on or off (tbh I can't remember if there was an option on mine, but it's worth checking).

Soldato
OP
There is an input selector of "Dolby Digital Plus", which I believe is Atmos.

So I have 2.1 cables now going from the Puck into the sound bar HDMI in, then onward to the ARC HDMI socket of the TV.

All seemed OK - Getting throughput of picture and sound by selecting the sound bar as the input. When using the Xbox I just need to change the function on the soundbar to ARC.

The weird thing happening now, is that when using Netflix direct on the TV and setting the soundbar to ARC, the sound cuts out after 5 minutes and needs turning off and on again. Totally bizarre........ Why would sound from an app on the TV just cut out?!

I would rather not use the Netflix app via the Sky puck, as using the one on the TV means full Dolby Vision, which isn't possible via the puck.

Back
Top Bottom