Order you car insurance 21 days in advance

Soldato
Well known and publicised by him a while back. It doesn't leave you with a gap if you look for your insurance a month before renewal..

Soldato
Yeah, I did this last year. I'd been using Dad's car for a couple of months as a named driver. When it was decided I'd be the long term custodian I went to get a policy for it in my name. £150 saving for a start date in 14 days time instead of the next day. About £155 saving for 21 days time.

So I carried on Dad's insurance until mine kicked in. Then he cancelled his.

It's a bit bloody cheeky from the insurance companies ... I only got the renewal quote this year 8 days before expiry. May have been post-Christmas post issues, but I doubt it.

Soldato
As a few others have said, it's been publicised for quite a number of years now.

Basically they're just screwing over customers who leave it till the last minute.

Associate
I'm up for renewal on the 3rd if march so ill wait and see next week what it comes in at, done a quick search starting from the 24th and it's already £150 cheaper than last year's.

Soldato
I'm up for renewal on the 3rd if march so ill wait and see next week what it comes in at, done a quick search starting from the 24th and it's already £150 cheaper than last year's.
Make sure you print screen/copy the quote references. Means you can always go back to an older, better quote.

Edit: Really can't tell if the OP is trolling with the 21 day gap thing...

Man of Honour
I found insuring my first car it was cheaper to start the insurance on the Thursday than the Saturday, apart from that I've never found playing with the dates to make a massive difference.

I've just bought insurance for my new bike starting tomorrow for a lower price than I was quoted 3 weeks ago.

Associate
what are the chances that if everyone starts insuring 21 days earlier and also tweak their job title ect - the ins co's will amend their alogorithms to take this into account, I cant see how they are willing to effetively lose the opportunity for increased profits

Man of Honour
what are the chances that if everyone starts insuring 21 days earlier and also tweak their job title ect - the ins co's will amend their alogorithms to take this into account, I cant see how they are willing to effetively lose the opportunity for increased profits
I think they'd have done it by now if they were going to, it's been a thing for years.

Associate
maybe - however at the moment they make up profits due to peoples apathy and auto renewing etc,
Its been advertised heavily on quite a few sites i've been on, not just Martin Lewis
If everyone starts to look to reduce the premiums they lose the additional profits, and then I believe they will amend the pricing. there will be a tipping point somewhere

Not saying its a bad idea , just saying that if take up is great then it may be short lived.

Soldato

it's fine, they've got the rng tuned down to a tee their profits are safe.

Associate
I just got my renewal through this morning at 670 and I called and explained about my 520 new quote and they price matched straight away was impressed, shows what a phone call can do a lot of folks don't bother.

Soldato
I just got my renewal through this morning at 670 and I called and explained about my 520 new quote and they price matched straight away was impressed, shows what a phone call can do a lot of folks don't bother.

it's annoying that you have to do that, hell this year i had to talk them down based on a quote from their own damn website.

you gotta be prepared to move though, sometimes they'll just flat out refuse to price match even when you bluntly state "match it or bye"

Associate
One thing I've noticed doing quotes, is beginning vs end of month makes a significant difference!

I've seen it over multiple years, 30th is always about a 100 quid more expensive for me than the 1st.

Back
Top Bottom