Origin and Steam name change.

Permabanned
I have found the info i need to change my names on the 2 platforms, but i have see a for posts on google about losing you game stats.

my account names are the sort a stupid stuff a 12year old makes up.. because i was 12 when i made them. i would now like a new not so stupid name but dont want to lose all my game stats.

dose anyone know what will happen?

Associate
Most of these types of systems realised this would be a re occuring problem years ago and made alterations to fix it.
They now generaly make a distinction between account name and display name / nick name / gamer tag so you can change them as much as you like.

On steam you can edit your profile name in your profile settings. It will track all your recent names as well.

Permabanned
OP
The last time I changed my gamertags on Steam, Origin or Uplay I lost nothing.

Most of these types of systems realised this would be a re occuring problem years ago and made alterations to fix it.
They now generaly make a distinction between account name and display name / nick name / gamer tag so you can change them as much as you like.

On steam you can edit your profile name in your profile settings. It will track all your recent names as well.

thanks guys. i will change them now.

Back
Top Bottom