Origonal Solyaris

Soldato
Despite Film 4's presenter announcing the film staring George Clooney :p, they're showing the much better Russian original at the moment.

It's worth a watch if you can't sleep :)

Thanks for the heads up. Just missed a the first few minutes of it on Film 4 +1.

Man of Honour
Despite Film 4's presenter announcing the film staring George Clooney :p, they're showing the much better Russian original at the moment.

It's worth a watch if you can't sleep :)

If you can't sleep then watching Solaris may well cure that! It's a superb film, but it's very slow.

Now go and read the book.

M

Soldato
I love the modern version, but really didn't enjoy the original at all. Far too slow and dull for me. I think it's the mood and atmosphere that I really like in the re-make, everything from the script to the soundtrack just fits really well.

Man of Honour
I love the modern version, but really didn't enjoy the original at all. Far too slow and dull for me. I think it's the mood and atmosphere that I really like in the re-make, everything from the script to the soundtrack just fits really well.

The mood and atmosphere in the remake are very similar to the original: as Hollywood remakes go it's actually pretty faithful. What is missing is the long lingering shots of horses, oceans, water, etc. Makes it appear rather more different than it actually is. However, the remake is a good film, but the original is a great film.

M

Top Bottom