US: Orphan Black

Associate
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2234222/

Orphan Black follows outsider, orphan and street-wise chameleon Sarah. After witnessing a woman's suicide, Sarah assumes the strangers identity - who happens to look just like her. Expecting to solve all her problems by cleaning out the dead woman's savings, Sarah is instead thrust headlong into a kaleidoscopic mystery as she realizes the dizzying truth - she and the dead woman are clones. As Sarah searches for answers, she discovers the chilling fact that there are more people like her out there - genetically identical individuals who were planted in unsuspecting birth parents and nurtured in completely different circumstances. With no idea who created the clones, she'll need to discover the reason in a hurry as an assassin is killing them one by one.

First episode aired the other night, had nothing else to watch so I gave it a go and was quite suprised. Didn't seem amazing but it could build some decent momentum as the story unfolds. Not sure why it's not on in the UK either as it's BBC but hey.

NZB

NZB

Associate
Watched the first 2 episodes of this the other night and thought it pretty good too. I assumed it was one of ours at first until i started checking to see when the third airs and couldn't find it in the UK TV guides, then found out it's a Canadian show.

Nice little surprise of a show that's now added to my watch list.

Soldato
First episode aired the other night, had nothing else to watch so I gave it a go and was quite suprised. Didn't seem amazing but it could build some decent momentum as the story unfolds. Not sure why it's not on in the UK either as it's BBC but hey.

It is, I think, a joint Canadian/US production for BBC America, but for some reason they gave the main characters UK accents, and the money they use looks more like a mix of Canadian Dollars and Euros rather than US Dollars, when the location is meant to be USA. :confused:

Apart from this rather confusing set up, there could be something interesting if it develops. I will say that some of the green screen overlay work in the second episode is quite impressive, and doesn't distract like it can sometimes.

Associate
OP
Yeah I'm real glad it's getting another season. The main girl is amazing sometimes I completely forget they're all the same person - eddie murphy style.

NZB

NZB

Associate
We should start seeing her playing more characters now that there's only a few episodes left as she mentioned in an interview that some of her favourites are from later in the season.

Associate
OP
This gets better each week, loved the latest episode! I hope she gets an award of some kind for this, the show seems to have gone a bit under the radar

Associate
OP
Thoughts on the finale?! Bloody brilliant I thought!

I take it Sarahs foster mother was her watcher all along? The pro-clone woman couldn't have known she had a daughter otherwise?

Only problem is now all my favourite shows are between seasons (apart from GOT) I have nothing new to watch :(

NZB

NZB

Associate
For anyone else that can't get enough of her after Orphan Black she's apparently landed a recurring role in Parks & Recreation now too.

Soldato
I just finished season 1 of this, I thought it was brilliant, incredibly well acted from the lead and a great story in my opinion. I can't wait for the next season (April 2014?)

Back
Top Bottom