OS install SATA HD not found?

Associate
hey. am installin windows on a sata maxtor HD via ASUS kv8 SE DELUXE. though using the drivers for the sata controller supplied from ASUS.COM, windows will still not see my HD i can see it in bios but when i come to the partition screen only my IDE drive will be displayed. when i first installed windows on the sata drive it went first time. if anyone could direct me to the corrrect drivers would be greatful thankx

Stav

Soldato
I am a little confused as to what stage you are at. Is windows installed and you are trying to add the sata drive in as an upgrade or is the pc currently without an OS and you are trying to install a fresh version of windows directly on to the sata drive?

Soldato
Yup, as meatloaf says, get the SATA drivers on floppy and start the windows install again, watch the bottom of the screen for "third party driver install" press F6 and follow the instructions from there. fairly simple.

Andy

Associate
If not you'll need to slipstream the drivers into a Windows XP install. I had to do that to get my Sata drive working with my Soltek Pt880 board.

Man of Honour
I had a simular situation back last year..

You may need to go into the RAID menu (not to be confussed with the boot menu) when prompted.. I think this is F4 during POST.. but can't be certain. Set your drive up as a single storage device rather then a RAID. Once done it will show under the list of RAID devices.

Then install thrird party drivers from a floppy as previoiusly mentioned.

Associate
OP
its for the install of the OS, i go on asus website but all the sata drivers on there do not work :mad: still does not show the HD will try the F4 button later though cheers

Stav

Back
Top Bottom