OSX lion server 10.7.3

Permabanned
Anyone been playing around with the server edition of OSX Mountain Lion?

What do you think of it?
What are you using it for?

Welcome-to-Server.png

Last edited:
Soldato
I have one to play with; along with legit versions of leopard and snow leopard server versions, but having the time to play with it is another story. :(

The only thing I've set it up to do is to push out updates and run deploy studio on it. They tend to want to keep as much stuff windows as possible at work but I have asked if I can setup a task master server to be setup.

The fact that its on a mac mini server with only a gig lan connection is very limiting factor. I may stick it on a VM and have a real play with it at home but I find messing around with my Pi and Arduino more rewarding and fun at the moment.

Soldato
Just been looking at VM-ing the server version of the OS X, shame like all Apple OS's its illegal for me to run them on non apple hardware; even for testing purposes as work has just picked up a load of servers dirt cheap with no use for them at the moment.

I have been toying with the idea of getting a mac mini again but I've had three in the past and they hardly get any use and for me to VM the server software it would be a a high spec meaning high price one. One day I will bite the bullet and buy a mac pro, that's the day I win the lotto. :D

Back
Top Bottom