Ottoman bed with storage

Soldato
We bought a faux leather king from dreams recently and a Casper mattress. I think the frame was maybe 500 and the mattress 600 or so. Id steer away from side opening as a workmate has one and he complains all the bedding slides off (obviously if you can only get away with side opening it's not the end of the world). Ours hasn't creaked at all and is pretty solid. Slot more storage than the divan we had before (which creaked alot).

Soldato
Hmm, so for bed + mattress, looking at best past of a grand! PurplePhoenix, did you get the electric gas lift with remote control?

You guys won't believe this, but my mattress and bed are 33 years old! :D I bought it when I bought this flat where fortunately my mortgage completed in 2017. I just never bothered to change it.

The bed is still solid and mattress is in decent nick and comfy as any, although I occasionally feel a spring go. Somehow it's lasted over 3 decades. It's an orthopaedic mattress. Not that I had any medical issues as I was 27 when I bought it. I've no idea why I bought one, but maybe that accounts for it's durability.

Soldato
https://johnryanbydesign.co.uk/

that is the place that is most recommended for consumers in the UK

if you cannot afford john ryan then probably best going with IKEA - mass produced and IKEA's testing standard are better than most companies.

Yeah, I've seen stuff about john ryan and the whole pocket spring thing. It's all good. I might be missing the point of new spring technology, but when my mattress was made I doubt it had anything other than standard spring construction yet it's still going today. I think I probably will end up buying from Ikea or Dreams.

Soldato
I bought this one a few months ago for £215.
https://www.wayfair.co.uk/furniture...o-upholstered-ottoman-bed-frame-hlcp1115.html
Seems sturdy enough, but own it for too short a time to comment on durability!
But yes, I need to make sure I pull up/push down the frame in the centre/equal force on the sides, otherwise it would twist.
The things I have stored in there mean that I rarely need to open it, so I should hope this will last a very long time!

Associate
Argos Home Eros Ottoman Superking with the Simba mattress. Helps with family discount.

Wouldn't store anything heavy but a decent amount of space.

Soldato
We have a super king ottoman from Dreams, its solid and no worries at all about weight on top but my god you have to deadlift it up :D

Use it to store old towels and duvets, cushions etc. Really handy!

Associate
Check the base that the stored stuff sits on, our king came with stuff like at the back of a cheap wardrobe. If our bed moves with us I'll be changing to MDF or similar.

Top Bottom