Our Planet - Netflix - Sir David Attenborough

Soldato
Was watching it and just as I said “wonder who is narrating it” then the only logical option and on.

Super excited. Seems even Attenborough can’t resist Netflix.

Soldato
pity he's sold out to the moneymen, I already pay for a tv licence, not paying for Netflix to.

The more money being spent on these productions, the better for everyone. It's not like the BBC have shut down their nature unit.

Saying that, he's 92 now! Amazing he's still working, going to be genuinely sad when he's no longer the voice of natural history.

Soldato
This is really good. You could pause it at almost any moment and have a desktop worthy screenshot!
The 2nd episode has some tough scenes though. I'm use to the usual nature doing what nature does but that was hard!

Just watched that this morning. To put it into context I used to browse a certain sub Reddit that was banned and I have never, ever been a squeamish person. I actually just watched footage of a ‘Sky Burial’ this morning and was fine with it.

But that scene with those Walruses. That was a bit too much for me!

Certainly is pretty in 4K. I wish we could preserve Attenborough. I just couldn’t watch these without him. What a legend.

Yeah he is amazing. A true treasure. They’ve got John Boyega(sp?) from Star Wars narrating the new Serengeti series coming later in the year. Not sure how I feel about him doing it but I’m looking forward to it. They had the guy from Get Out do one recently and he was actually quite good at it, would’ve liked him to do the Serengeti one if Attenborough wasn’t going to.

Man of Honour
Just saw the walrus scene. Oh my goodness. How sad. We really have screwed this planet haven’t we.

The seal scene was pretty sad too.

The best nature series I have seen. Really special and really hits home. Shame it won’t impact the people at the top who could change this. We would still rather fight amongst ourselves.

Soldato
Love attenborough but i feel saddened that hes always praised for these series when the real greats are the camera men and women who spend years catching the footage

Associate
Love attenborough but i feel saddened that hes always praised for these series when the real greats are the camera men and women who spend years catching the footage

I think the reason a lot of people love and praise Attenborough is because of his voice and the way he manages to narrate the show. He got a very special voice for the narration in that way and I'm sure most people knows that he is not that heavily involved in the actual recording of the shows nowadays.

Back
Top Bottom