1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Over 400 million people drink from their toilet everyday

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Minusorange, 4 Jul 2019.

1. deuse

Capodecina

AND?

2. ttaskmaster

Capodecina

NVM

Last edited: 3 Oct 2019
  3. Terminal_Boy

Sgarrista

Anal airlock.

4. MikeTheNative

Sgarrista

I don't get why GD is so judgy where Indians put their poo, is it really any better than a letterbox?

5. Minusorange

Sgarrista

I always thought it went through treatment plants before being released into the "wild" before it ends up in the sea and ultimately gets evaporated into new fresh "clean" water as rain ?

6. skyripper

Wise Guy

God help you if that failed open. Your intestines would be sucked out of your body.

7. cheesyboy

Capodecina

heh :D

8. skyripper

Wise Guy

On the flip side, modern India toilets have a shower hose attachment for cleaning your **** properly rather than our strange reliance on toilet paper.

9. Guru

Soldato

How do you dry it?
    GO TO LINE 1

10. skyripper

Wise Guy

Its normally hot enough (think 40 degrees in Delhi right now) you can stick your butt out the window for a min or two

;)

11. Werewolf

Commissario

That nasty EU made us treat the water before pumping it into the sea :(

I personally miss the days of going to swim in the brown frothy water because a water treatment plant had decided to pump more untreated waste a hundred meters off shore because it was cheaper/faster than dealing with it properly.

A lot of people looking down on India seem to have no clue as to what was normal practice in the UK as little as 30 years ago in regards to waste management, and we were in a far better place in terms of infrastructure for treating waste even then, let alone the fact that it wasn't until after WW2 (from memory) that indoor toilets became a requirement, my dad has memories of living in Newcastle as a lad where the toilet was in the back garden because it had been added as an afterthought to the housing a couple of decades earlier.

Large parts of india have pretty much none of the water/waste infrastructure we've taken for granted for the last 75+ years, and still have a lot of industries whose regulations are about at the point ours were in the 60's and 70's in terms of how they get rid of waste (and some American businesses look forward to the day when they can go back to those standards as it improves the bottom line..).

12. Minusorange

Sgarrista

We are talking about a nation, that has their own ******* space program and enough money to buy nukes

But apparently they're too poor/inept to build sewers and water treatment ?

I guess they could always send their poop into space as a means of disposal or nuke it to get rid of it

13. ttaskmaster

Capodecina

NVM

Last edited: 3 Oct 2019
  14. wolfie138

Mobster

I have suddenly thought of a get rich quick scheme. gravedigger, charge by the hour.

15. singularity

Perma Banned

At least they have en suites

16. LOAM

Capodecina

This is what's causing the problem in the first place :p

17. Teh_Next

Perma Banned

The Ganges being the open sewer it is leads to all sorts of infections, I don't need to tell anyone that but, couple it with the fact that antibiotics are sold over the counter without need for prescription and the problem of pollution doubles up with antibiotic resistance!
    Pollute the world and disable the ability to fight infection at the same time.

18. Efour

Caporegime

look at this ****. Java, Indonesia.

I mean seriously, these people are filth. This is the very definition of worthless humanity. I honestly cant hold back the expletives. Its just disturbing.

19. shadow_boxer

Sgarrista

This. The vast majority of Indians still live a rural village life and farming. There isn't the infrastructure particularly on a scale of the size of the country and with over a billion people. Things are changing there but there's still a long way to go and as above the contrasts between the more affluent city dwellers and rural life is unimaginably vast for us over here the west to appreciate. Rural life is more or less unchanged from centuries ago. Modi for all his nationistic vues has aimed to bring electricity to every village.

20. Minusorange

Sgarrista

Disgusting yes, but it's something people could clean up and keep clean if motivated enough

Russia's Techa river though, gotta wait for those half lives to decay