Overclockers are fantastic, but....

Associate
Went into Overclockers the other day and asked some advice on a laptop bought just over a year ago by a friend.

The problem with it is 'Minecraft' freezes the moment its get into a game online on a laptop bought from Overclockers at no small cost. £1600 actually.

What I expected to happen was some friendly advice maybe from a member of staff who happenchanced to play the game as well.

What actually happened was a member of staff refused politely to help saying repeatedly that they don't do software problems.
He did this because I was repeatedly asking for help, and ignoring him..
https://giphy.com/gifs/help-heart-need-AXOdttXiL8MeI

I understand the problems here but may I suggest a review of this 'non help' with software problems maybe with new FORUM TITLE stating that you don't take any responsibility for advice given but it's all done as a GOODWILL thing for customers. Obviously Members could also add their advice.

Don't think the 'pc' one really covers it.

I've have always supported Overclockers as a local business through my clansite/whatever
and wish to see them continue till the end of time selling pc/whatever so this comment is made with GOOD INTENTIONS.

This post is in no way a criticism of Overclockers or their staff in anyway whatsoever.
If I had the muh-honey I would buy them all big fluffy socks to walk home in the snow with.;)
Except for the guy who wouldn't give me advice:mad:...just joking. Him as well.

Last edited:
Soldato
I can understand why they wouldn't deal with software.

why would they, users installed/setup/configured software is misbehaving is no problem of theirs. The hardware that was sold is working fine by the sounds of it.

Soldato
What happens there is people then start trying to use OCUK as tech support for all over issues, we have it oh you helped me with this issue can you now help me with xyz software.

Caporegime
Went into Overclockers the other day and asked some advice on a laptop bought just over a year ago by a friend.

The problem with it is 'Minecraft' freezes the moment its get into a game online on a laptop bought from Overclockers at no small cost. £1600 actually.

What I expected to happen was some friendly advice maybe from a member of staff who happenchanced to play the game as well.

What actually happened was a member of staff refused politely to help saying repeatedly that they don't do software problems. If I wasn't the cuddly loving understanding fluffy munchkin I am, possibly would have got a bit huffy.

I understand the problems here but may I suggest a review of this 'non help' with software problems maybe with a forum listing stating that you don't take any responsibility for advice given but it's all done as a goodwill thing for customers. Don't think the 'pc' one really covers it.

I've have always supported Overclockers as a local business through my clansite whatever and wish to see them continue till the end of time selling pc/whatever so this comment is made with good intentions.

This is most likely a software issue so I don't know what you expect Overclockers, a hardware retailer, to do.

Don't know what the amount you spent has to do with it either.

Man of Honour
I called the people I bought my oven from the other day and said that the pie I made was horrible. They said it wasn't their fault and probably something to do with the recipe.

Soldato
There is a wealth of information available via google, I'd be amazed if you couldn't put the problem right yourself after some research and trying the most commonly recommended solutions. Someone will have had this issue before I'm sure, you just have to narrow it done and spend some time to rectify it.

Associate

What actually happened was a member of staff refused politely to help saying repeatedly that they don't do software problems. If I wasn't the cuddly loving understanding fluffy munchkin I am, possibly would have got a bit huffy.

I understand the problems here but may I suggest a review of this 'non help' with software problems maybe with a forum listing stating that you don't take any responsibility for advice given but it's all done as a goodwill thing for customers. Don't think the 'pc' one really covers it.

I've have always supported Overclockers as a local business through my clansite whatever and wish to see them continue till the end of time selling pc/whatever so this comment is made with good intentions.

If this was happening with all games then that might point to a hardware issue. If it happens with one specific game then that would indicate it's not a hardware issue. In which case it's well outside the realms of OCUK to deal with.

Associate
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?

I can't imagine why they would want to get involved any deeper than that to be honest. I guess a friendlier approach would've helped but it's not their concern or responsibility if the hardware is still working.

Back
Top Bottom