• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Overclockers/Gigabyte GPU Repair Woes

Sgarrista
Commissario
I guess it depends on availability. If Gigabyte or EVGA or MSI have cards in Europe ready to replace broken cards turnaround is quicker but if there waiting for inventory from Tiwan or China then their at the mercy of their logistics companies to ship them over. I guess the relatively recent mining crazy has exasperated supply issues as well.

Thats a poor excuse and not an acceptable one.

If a card needs to come from Taiwan, then it should be overnighted for the customer. Making the customer wait when they provided the faulty hardware is utterly outrageous.

Associate
OP
This is sad to hear ...By now OP i would demand and full refund or a new replacement .... However as its happened 3 times now and i know you will not like to hear this.. there could be an issue at your end causing this to the card psu MB maybe at the fault .. true test is a new replacement of the same card .. either way them RMA turnarounds are dreadful...
The GPU has actually been running in two systems. First time it broke it was in one rig, second and 3rd in a different rig. Both rigs have different motherboards and PSUs. PSUs are quality EVGA and Corsair brands. 1st rig has also been using a different GPU since it first broke with zero issues. I find it hard to believe it is my system at fault.

Soldato
3 repairs and if the fault happens again you're 100% within your right to get a full refund! It's rubbish how you only get 30 days for a refund or else it gets sent off for repair.

think i'll need to mention this to Vauxhall haha, don't think i'll get a brand new 17k car though lol

Can I ask you honestly, do you think a month turnaround for a faulty card is acceptable? How come other manufactures can deal with a turnaround in 24 hours, but Gigabyte requires a month?

in theory they either send you a repaired one asap if its retail-( looking at some of my distributor RMA's- if its found faulty on testing a brand new sealed one is sent- but they always have different TCs to resellers), or a brand new one and can either take the hit or repair and use that for a replacement down the line

Thats a horror story tbf, I had to advance rma my card with EVGA and had no issues at all 3-7 days had card in my system, few days more and collateral payment in my acc

Its a good system, that more Resellers and vendors should look at - but hind site to your average using isn't going to happen. Not sure I have £700 laying around just for the sake of getting a GPU back early etc etc .
Would like to see in place from resellers an loan card- doesn't have to be special but if your card bought from them is going back to vendor for 28 days, 1050ti level card to put in your system whilst you wait etc - like a courtesy car - your never going to be given a £100k car to drive around in but a Fiesta isn't to bad in the mean time lol

Associate
The GPU has actually been running in two systems. First time it broke it was in one rig, second and 3rd in a different rig. Both rigs have different motherboards and PSUs. PSUs are quality EVGA and Corsair brands. 1st rig has also been using a different GPU since it first broke with zero issues. I find it hard to believe it is my system at fault.

Ok my bad scratch what i stated re might be on your end ..

Just ask to chat with a manager at Ocuk they will see what you have had to deal with ....and stick to your guns and you will only accept refund or new replacement (regardless if its out of the 30 day return window) ..that card you have seems to be a real lemon from the start ...

you have had enough of an ordeal with the amount you have paid and the amount of downtime in total never mind having to chase it up again again to get the ball rolling...

Associate
Can I ask you honestly, do you think a month turnaround for a faulty card is acceptable? How come other manufactures can deal with a turnaround in 24 hours, but Gigabyte requires a month?
We don't have a 3rd RMA request, we are trying to find out what happened with OCUK. Before that there's nothing we can do.
We don't do 3rd repairs, when we get the card we will replace it.

Associate
Gigabyte are useless, I had to RMA an Osmium keyboard for repeat-keying, and they tried to refuse to honour the return, blaming "the manufacturer of the faulty keys" (Cherry) ??

Had to rely on the Rainforest to push it through... thankfully they have a very powerful returns team, so eventually got my money back.

After that experience (and reading threads like this), I will never buy a Gigabyte product again.

Soldato
Gigabyte are useless, I had to RMA an Osmium keyboard for repeat-keying, and they tried to refuse to honour the return, blaming "the manufacturer of the faulty keys" (Cherry) ??

Had to rely on the Rainforest to push it through... thankfully they have a very powerful returns team, so eventually got my money back.

After that experience (and reading threads like this), I will never buy a Gigabyte product again.

I had the opposite experience. My Osmium keyboard is easily the best keyboard I've ever used. It's had heavy use for many years and has a very high build quality.

I've actually bought another, still sealed in it's original packaging, to use when/if! this one eventually dies.

Soldato
I had the opposite experience. My Osmium keyboard is easily the best keyboard I've ever used. It's had heavy use for many years and has a very high build quality.

I've actually bought another, still sealed in it's original packaging, to use when/if! this one eventually dies.
I did that with a mx518 mouse, old one broke after what 10 years, new one sealed in a box, gr8, except it just felt so wrong to use it, ended up buying a g502, mx518 will be kept forever prolly, it just feels wrong! lol :(

Associate
Yes received yesterday, will pop in my rig today

Thanks

Tom

Sorry to hear about your woes :(

Can I ask just out of interest, did they send a like for like replacement or did they upgrade / add a sweetener for the almost 3 months of down time on an 8 month old card?

Sgarrista
Commissario

Your experience on a working product has... exactly what comparison on the RMA process of a faulty one?

Associate
OP
Sorry to hear about your woes :(

Can I ask just out of interest, did they send a like for like replacement or did they upgrade / add a sweetener for the almost 3 months of down time on an 8 month old card?
Just a replacement card, exactly the same model v1.0. Currently working fine so fingers crossed the old one was just a dud and not a design flaw as I did notice they have released an updated version of the itx 1070 with slightly higher clock speeds.

Would be interested to know exactly what went wrong on the old one and if it was the same issue each time.

Tom

Associate
Been waiting for an update on my gigabyte G1 gaming 970, which blew up and caught fire just over a month ago now ( i was really lucky i was at the PC at the time as it did infact burn the curtains for the few seconds it took me to realise wtf is happening and react to yanking out the power cord from the PSU), sent the card to ocuk on the 3rd of this month, rang them last friday, got told i have to wait 28 ****** days, will ring again 2 mow to find out (if anything), what is happening.

Shocking really having to use an old ati 3870 card which is still working even if it is ten years old now.

Associate
I have just had to RMA my Aorus Extreme 1080ti, this is my second card out of four that's faulty on arrival from gigabyte. After reading this thread I am considering asking for a refund and going with another brand.

Back
Top Bottom