** OVERCLOCKERS NEEDS REVIEW! **

OcUK Staff
Hi guys,

m4c8BWc.png

I have a new peripheral supplier in the form of Lioncast. They make decent peripherals for a decent price. They are not going to blow you away with unique features, but their mice, headsets and keyboards are very good value. For me they fit a niche between budget and the middle tier from your more established manufacturers.

To spread the word I am looking for Volunteers!

I am looking for forum members to review some of their headsets and mice they have sent us. All you have to do is write me a review of your current mouse on this thread. I'll pick my favourite 3 reviews by the end of next week 27/01/17. You can keep the headset, mouse and mousemat I will send you all I ask in return is that you post back on this thread with your views and also post reviews of the products on our website. I want you to be honest and impartial with your reviews and of course Haribo will be sent with your review samples :)

You will be reviewing:

Lioncast LM20 Gaming Mouse @ £29.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Lioncast-LM20-Gaming-Mouse-KB-001-LC.html

Laser sensor, 16400 DPI, Polling: Up to 1000Hz, Reaction time: 1ms, Weight Tuning System

Only £29.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Lioncast LX50 Gaming Headset @ £44.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Lioncast-LX50-Gaming-Headset-SP-001-LC.html

Modular design, Driver: 53mm high performance neodymium driver, Frequency response: 20Hz-20kHz, Compatible with PC Xbox One PS4 Smartphone and Tablet

Only £44.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

GLHF

Associate
waiting for someone to post a review of their pet mouse now... :D

seriously though, im not sure if ocuk has done this kind of thing before but i think its a great idea, especially to ensure honest customer reviews of the products

not even going to attempt an entry myself as my literacy skills are terrible but i wish everyone who enters goodluck!

Associate
seriously though, im not sure if ocuk has done this kind of thing before but i think its a great idea, especially to ensure honest customer reviews of the products

Not sure this is true to be honest. I think you're more likely to get people that will give a strongly bias opinion because of the 'giveaway' nature of it, time will tell i suppose.

Stuff looks fairly decent for what it is :D Look forward to checking out some of the peoples thoughts on it!
fyi, think your sig might be against the rules. I wasn't allowed a link to my YT channel.

Soldato
I like what you are doing here, 1 issue with asking us(me) plebs(me again) to do impartial reviews is it generally comes down too "it has this, I like/don't like it. We don't have to fluff and stroke like professionals do. Will be fun tho, here I go with my plebbyness. A write up of my current gear equal to what you are giving away, except the keyboard which I typed before noticing it wasn't included ;)

My mouse is a Logitech G600. I don't own this mouse because I play MMO's or need or use 12 extra buttons, I play all sorts of game genre's and use the G600 for all of them. Although I do make use in some games of the extra buttons the main reason I use a G600 is because I am so close to a claw grip when holding mice if I use a regular 2 side button gaming mouse my thumb rests on the tail button and I either stretch or alter my grip temporarily if I need the front button which is not practical to do. I've "made do" with previous mice such as a Razer Copperhead, Razer Lachesis Roccat Kone+ and a Corsair M90 which is a horrible mouse to use while at the same time looking beautiful, and I should note I used the original revision of the M90. No previous mouse has perfectly suited me, no gaming mouse on the Overclockers store looks like it would suit me. Only 1 company and 1 mouse in my opinion has made a mouse that catered to claw grippers and that was Razer with the Imperator, however I never used it and I don't even think Razer make it anymore.

So for now and the foreseeable future I use a G600, no matter where my thumb lay I have multiple reachable buttons I can configure how I want or need in the Logitech Gaming Software. Speaking of mouse software, at the time of owning the Corsair M90 the mouse software was shockingly bad.

My keyboard is a QPAD MK-85. I spent along time browsing for my first mechanical keyboard and in 2013 this keyboard won out. The problem with emerging keyboards then is that most belong in an art museum, in the pursuit of beauty function took a backseat and had some quirk to it that to me wrote it off and that still seems true in 2017. The MK-85 wasn't my most fancied keyboard, the Corsair K90 was and from memory it was part mechanical and part membrane and the price point was off in my opinion if I remember it was around £120 where the MK-85 was around £100. So the MK-85 is nearly an ordinary looking keyboard, it seems like most of the popular mechanical boards are, Ducky as an example. The main thing about this board for me which has been invaluable are the 2 USB ports of it where I have a mini and micro USB cable plugged in for my Playstation and Xbox controllers, I even charge my satnav from it. Basically it works, looks great and works great and I have no need to change it until it breaks and to do so would be throwing up to £200 away.. Claymore looks so hot!

My headset is the Kingston Cloud Revolver. I have no idea about what is good and what is amazing sound, what I do know is that I am happy with the sound that I have, happy enough to not spend £200 on what audiophiles say is good. The microphone is also good. The headset looks great too but there are issues without avoidance, what matters is if it will bother you. So the the main issues I have with the headset is the mic attachment, it's flexible but it's quite short so there isn't actually a lot of movement and I don't like how close it always is to my mouth for when I eat. It can be flexed away from my mouth but I don't like doing that so I just unplug the whole thing. I much prefer fixed mics that swivel up. The other issue, and very minor is with the aluminium construction, if knocked or dinged even on the headband the sound vibrates into the ear cups and will ring until it dissipates. It's been no real problem but it's there. Previous headsets owned. Speedlink Medusa, those Fatal1ty ones everyone had at some point, Razer Piranha and Corsair 1300.

Mouse mat, I currently use a Steelseries 4HD which is a hard surface mat. I used standard mats until I got the Everglide Titan, my first cloth mat. I used it for years until it got so dirty I threw it away. I don't remember if I used another cloth mat or I replaced it straight away with the Roccat Sota, I wanted a hard surface so it can be cleaned easily. I didn't have a good time with the Sota, it was like a hybrid with it's hard surface but still very flexible, unfortunately after a short time, about 2 weeks I noticed a large area of the mat was raised and I could poke it and watch it sink, the hard surface came away from the rubber sole around where my hand rested a lot of the time and I could feel it when I ran the mouse over it. It had to go and I replaced it with the Steelseries 4HD which I've had around 4 years now, it's a fair size and the only signs of wear is a slight discolour of the white Steelseries branding. I see no reason why this won't last a life time.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
Thread has potential ......

5d6.gif

prt

prt

Associate
I currently Own and use a Logitech G300 9-button ambidextrous gaming mouse.

Type:- Optical LED;
Design:- for right and left hand;
The scroll wheel:- Yes;
Number of Keys:- 9;
The number of programmable keys:- 9
Frequency of survey:- 1000 Hz;
Resolution optical sensor:-250 > 2500 dpi;

The G300 comes with Logitech Gaming Software, any key or profile can be re-assigned. The software also has pre-built profiles for tons of commercially released games, any of which can be downloaded and assigned.
so you can focus on upping your kill/death ratio rather than just playing your keyboard like a piano.Lol

Its on-board memory even lets you save the button configurations for up to three different games or players, and assign a different color to each profile so you can see right away which profile is active

So you can plug this USB mouse into any machine and game with your configurations right away.

With a speedy one-millisecond report rate, and 2500 DPI optical sensor, this wired mouse "tracks slow or fast movements on a wide variety of surfaces.

so you get exactly the action you want from every incremental hand movement," according to its press release.

The central DPI shift button will also let you switch up the mouse's sensitivity for when you need to line up that perfect head-shot. Its sculpted shape for either hand should make your MMO and FPS marathon more comfortable.

At the bottom, 3 large mouse feet that’s well placed. One large one at the front end and 2 pieces at both corners at the rear. With this placement, the mouse glides across any mouse pad without encountering any issue of having chassis friction.

Associate
Current Mouse: Madcatz RAT 7, Matt Black:

Whilst many mice have various features that are looked at once and never used again, I do like the customisation that you can get with this. With various modular pieces, you can easily change and suit the mouse to your particular needs (depending on the game you play). The additional weight alongside the changeable thumb/pinky rests means that you can truly set it different game styles on the fly. I've got friends who take multiple mice to LAN parties, having a different set up for RTS to Twitch shooters, whereas I just bring this.

In terms of precision, it has 6400DPi with 4 custom DPI settings. These are initially set with the software, but are actually stored within the mouse itself, meaning moving the mouse between machines doesn't clear the settings. The software itself is easy to navigate and use, allowing a variable amount of customisation. There is a button on the thumb side which allows a quick customisable "Aim mode" which drops the sensitivity to a set percentage of what you've got selected. This is good for situations you want to get right down for controlled, concise sniping in FPS games or selecting just a few units in RTS games.
Presentation wise, it comes in a nice box to hold everything, a long braided cable that stands up to punishment, which looks aesthetically pleasing. The tools required for customising the mouse are neatly integrated into the mouse itself, meaning they are always around if you need them. The mouse itself comes in various colour choices, white and red looking particularly nice. The paintwork is done nicely and isn't prone to coming off, which is a problem with some cheaper mice.

There are a few cons with the mouse, however. It's had to go back and be replaced by the manufacturer twice, there's a problem after around 6 months of use where the tracking goes off and the mouse only works going up and down rather than left and right. A quick dis/reconnect fixes it, but it's not ideal. Credit to Madcatz, they've always replaced this quick enough with no fuss, but it's a known problem that could crop up. There are about 6 different colours for the LED on the front of the mice to be, which is to designate which setting the mouse is in. It would have been nice for a full RGB solution to fit in with the rest of my hardware, but this mouse was made before RGB stuff was really a thing.

All in all, it's a reasonable mouse for what I paid (£55 a couple of years ago in a sale), but I don't think it's up there with the heavy hitter more expensive mice that are now available on the market. It does the job good enough for me though, so I'll be keeping onto it until it breaks, rather than looking to upgrade in the near future.

Sgarrista
Commissario
Microsoft Basics Optical Mouse - 15 Years of unrelenting service.

When you buy a car, a toaster, or pet animal, you hope for one thing, that it is going to be reliable, durable and not break down every few weeks. And this is where the Microsoft Basics Optical Mouse shows its a mouse made of the good old stuff, built like they used to make things, a brick in a field of daffodils.

For a mouse in the hands of a true gamer doesn't only need to provide functionality, comfort and weird grippy extras that peel off after a few weeks, but needs to be able to stand up to punishment that gives peripheral designers nightmares. Being rage slammed into the desk, having food and drink spilled over it, and being mercilessly crammed into an overfull bag on the way to a LAN party.

The big guns come and go, "our best mouse ever!" they will claim, wheeling out more lights than can be found on Heathrow runway, more weights than at your local gym and more buttons than Marks and Spencer, but all these features come at a cost, every extra is an extra petal stuck to a delicate stem, building more fragility into something that instead needs to be pouring concrete onto a brick made of steel.

And that's where our Microsoft Basics Optical Mouse comes in. While the other mice may be the Italian supercars of the mouse world, the Ferrari's, the Lamborghini's, the Microsoft mouse is a tank which drives over the top of them all.

This mouse has seen the rise and fall of Command & Conquer, the glorious birth and slow agonizing death of World of Warcraft, the countless battles of DOTA. It's owner is not a kind owner, for when winning, the mouse is given no gratitude, no love, no thanks, it is thrown into another game, expected to perform again and again. But when losing, this mouse is subject to being slammed into a desk in retribution or crushed under the full might of its owners hand, and retribution it has seen, the thousands of wipes, the countless deaths, every one inflicting another bruise.

But this mouse does not give up, much like the loyal old dog clinging to the years it has inexplicably stolen from the clutches of death, kept alive more by the cocktail of drugs and chemicals than the air it breathes and the food it eats. Every morning the mouse is there, wagging its tail, for another day of gaming.

Associate
The Logitech MX510 was announced at CeBIT on the 19th of March 2004, along with the usual rhetoric of it being Logitech's most powerful computer mouse ever, it boasted 5.8 megapixels of surface detail per second, delivering an improved 12-bit data path, and supporting an acceleration of up to 15g. It only slightly improved upon the MX500 but was quickly superseded by the MX518, meaning it never really had time to leave a significant mark on the gaming community.

I picked one up shortly after it was released, which was around the time I started gaming on the PC. It was a vast improvement over the cheap mouse I had been using and my enjoyment in games increased. I started using it with Counter Strike and then Battlefield 2 where it racked up thousands of hours of use. Using it on a Razer ExactMat X. It was so good I resisted the urge to upgrade, even with all the competition being released with DPI adjustment buttons.

It was a pleasure to hold, glided effortlessly when paired with a decent mousemat, had a decent weight and the buttons had an excellent click. It sported eight programmable buttons, forward and back buttons that were within easy reach of the thumb. It also came equipped with a Quick Switch™ Program Selector button located on top of the mouse which supposedly allowed jumping between open programs, which I never used and a Cruise Control™ scrolling system which gave the ability to rapidly scroll through large web pages and long documents by holding the buttons above and below the scroll wheel, which I used a lot. While the design was identical to the MX500, the MX510 boasted a reflective blue holographic coating to its main body meaning each mouse was unique in its pattern. I can attest that Logitech were right when they said "The MX510 mouse's combination of speed, accuracy and responsiveness packs a powerful punch".

Now it would be all too easy to say this is all with rose tinted glasses, but I see this mouse on my desk every day. Eight years ago it was dusted out of the parts box it had fallen into, when I needed a mouse for my partners build, and transitioned onto my sons build. I regularly see him thrashing it around as he loves playing on Counter Strike BHOP servers. While he has taken up my offers of new headsets and keyboards, he never keeps any mouse I give him to try, despite it looking as old as it is. While I think they aren't worth the £200 the few left are going for, I can certainly see why some might think they are. Well done MX510, you might just be the best value for money item I ever bought.

Last edited:
Soldato
ok, i own the following at the moment:

CSL - Wireless vertical ergonomic optical mouse / vertical model | Wireless 2.4G | ergonomic design - prevention against mouse arm/tennis arm (RSI syndrome) - particularly arm-friendly | wireless | 6 buttons

i purchased this mouse to see if the vertical factor would be more comfortable to use than a conventional horizontal mouse. i have owned several over the years, from the basic MS optical one to an expensive(ish) gaming one - the brand escapes me, it didn't last long before breaking to be fair!

Anyway, i have been using this new mouse since April 2016 and the purchase price was a jawdropping £11 delivered. i find the mouse comfortable to use and it connects very well wirelessly to my PC which is roughly 3 feet away. it is responsive, smooth motion across my OCUK XXL gaming surface and the buttons are very responsive. i like the feel in my hands - it has a lovely feel to it, i cannot find the words to describe it, but it feels 'premium' in the hand and is not slippery. i can also say that it is good on any surface, i used it in the lounge for my streaming mini htpc and it worked well on the arm of my sofa. All in all, a great little mouse at a pretty bargain price. the cheap batteries it came with have just run out today, not bad!

my keyboard is a Mionix Zibal 60 which i purchased from OCUK. its my first proper mechanical keyboard that i've stuck with - i had a corsair K60 which i didn't like. this keyboard has a nice feel when typing, is responsive and fairly 'basic' with features. i don;t like the loudness when i type though and i'd like the backlights in the keys to remain on when i start my pc up as at night i struggle to see the keys if the backlights are not on as the lettering is fairly dull. it is fairly small compared to the corsair which took up the length of my keyboard shelf on my desk, this one leaves about 3 inchs each side. the bezel around its edges on the zibal are fairly small which i think makes it a compact keyboard. the USB cable is fairly long and very thick and uses 2 usb ports on your PC so if you don't have many its something to consider. overall though, i paid £50 for it last May, its done well, easy to clean with an air canister and hasn't missed a trick. it could do with more features if your that way inclined and the option to have the lights on all the time would be a bonus to have. overall, worth £50 but i would not pay £100 for it, the £50 is about it's worth.

Associate
Logitech G700s

I purchased the G700s for two main reasons, the first being Logitech's phenomenal reputation for savvy hardware and the second is that it would replace the horrific standard Apple mouse.

Was it a worthwhile purchase? Well...

Absolutely - the G700s is a leviathan of a wireless right-handed mouse!

Coming from the Apple mouse, the wireless G700s allows me far greater freedom to roll around the desk, add the supreme comfort, eneloop battery, plethora of buttons and gaming laser and you've got yourself a pretty beastly unit.

One might argue that it feels a little heavy but a decent mousemat will go along way to helping alleviate that.

In terms of usage, it's mainly aimed at Adobe CC software and it's coped extremely well. Accuracy, customisation and ergonomics mean the G700s is a great all-rounder.

The box comes with mouse, lengthy micro usb lead, Logitech literature and the all-imporant rechargable eneloop battery (it's the little things and eneloop batteries are regarded very highly).

TL;DR

The G700s is an extremely well performing wireless mouse, it's described as a gaming mouse but is perfectly adept at office work! It is righthanded and a smidge weighty but comfort and performance rule the day!

If you're after a wireless mouse for gaming, creative lark or general use the G700s is a peach!

Associate
Steel Series Rival 100:

When I got this, I considered it to be just like any other mouse I've had but under the "hood" it has a lot more to it then even my second mouse (which is going to be compared to this mouse in this review) and was something that I didn't expect from a mouse at the budget end of things.

Like most (and I'm not sure about this) budget level gamine mice, this has the standard 6 button layout (left, right and middle (wheel) buttons along with the forward and back buttons (which also comes in use for web browsing) along with the obligatory DPI adjustment button), but the downloadable engine software allows for customisation of the buttons to map them to specific functions and to configure the mouse generally (for high and low DPI settings and the LED colour if you don't like the default orange) and for specific applications/games (DPI settings and the aforementioned button customisation).

One thing I like about this mouse is that in comparison to any other optically tracked mouse I've used, the sound of the buttons when pressed is lower but what did annoy me was the default out of the box DPI setting was so low that the mouse pointer was crawling across the screen in relation to the amount of movement I was putting, but a quick press of the DPI adjustment button quickly fixed that, however, the fact that it only has two settings instead of ever increasing adjustment is what makes this one of my better purchases since while having a high DPI setting can make moving around in certain games a breeze, precision aiming at those levels (with my hands) can cause a lot of missed shots but being able to switch down to a lower DPI means that only RNGesus is your enemy.

This (probably like every other) mouse can at least deal with tracking over any cat hair and whatever that I failed to get off my made out of 40% recycled PET bottles mouse mat with it only complaining when it comes across something that gets stuck in its pads.

Back
Top Bottom