Overclockers Prices vs Sterling/Dollar exchange rate?

Associate
Does anyone know if prices for bundles/full systems/components on OcUK tend to follow the Sterling vs Dollar exchange rate?

If so, how quickly do the currency fluctuations kick in on the website? Hours/days/weeks after major changes in the exchange rate?

Soldato
Does anyone know if prices for bundles/full systems/components on OcUK tend to follow the Sterling vs Dollar exchange rate?

If so, how quickly do the currency fluctuations kick in on the website? Hours/days/weeks after major changes in the exchange rate?
From what i've seen/read it does effect the prices, how long it takes seems to depend on stock, it seems to be a case of when new stock is ordered, prices change to reflect how much it costs OCUK to buy the stock in, although often it OCUK try there best to soften the blow with good day/week deals and such.

Associate
OP
So if something is out of stock and Sterling drops in value against the Dollar, it might cost a bit more by the time they get the next shipment? That does make sense... I really hope Sterling doesn't fall much further. :(

Associate
So if something is out of stock and Sterling drops in value against the Dollar, it might cost a bit more by the time they get the next shipment? That does make sense... I really hope Sterling doesn't fall much further. :(

Yes it may cost more when its restocked. As previously mentioned I believe prices are dictated by the cost to OcUK when the stock was bought.

Back
Top Bottom