• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Overclockers selling 9900ks

Soldato
As the title overclockers are selling the 9900ks cpu which is fine but has someone accidentally hit the keyboard with pricing, i nearly had a heat attack when it shows £1499 for a 8 core 16 thred cpu with 1 year warranty. That's an insane price for less money you can get a 3960x with 24 cores and 48 threads for god sake.

you'd have to be clinically insane to buy one XD

Soldato
As the title overclockers are selling the 9900ks cpu which is fine but has someone accidentally hit the keyboard with pricing, i nearly had a heat attack when it shows £1499 for a 8 core 16 thred cpu with 1 year warranty. That's an insane price for less money you can get a 3960x with 24 cores and 48 threads for god sake.

But, but but ....................................it's ALL down to Gaming don't you know......................................................................those extra 4fps mean everything and unless you actually have them..............your an FPS pleb and absolutely have to spend that £1500..................anything else just is not good enough.

Soldato
OP
But, but but ....................................it's ALL down to Gaming don't you know......................................................................those extra 4fps mean everything and unless you actually have them..............your an FPS pleb and absolutely have to spend that £1500..................anything else just is not good enough.

LOL having moved from Intel to AMD thanks to 3rd gen Ryzen, I'm loving my new AMD setup, the fps difference is negligible at best plus i don't need to buy another board unlike Intel's offerings, i can buy a 3950x if need be for more grunt and have enough for a second one just for the kicks compared to the £1500 Intel chip only

(don't get me started on pci-e lanes or thermals, big upside to AMD on that front, i mean if you like roasting your junk of playing games go ahead and get the 9900ks it will serve quite well as a room heater :) )

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Dammm!

I have moved from a 9900KS to a 3960X and I’ve not really noticed any difference, id sell my 9900KS for a bit less than that quiet happily

Caporegime
Gotta milk those Intel bois

Yes, tho perhaps not in such derogatory terms, some people want the best, the 9900KS is certainly that if all you do is play games and some people have enough money to pay whatever the price is, even if a £300 CPU will get you 90% of the performance of this £1500 CPU. They sell these at this price because there is a market for them.

They would say they are providing a product for that market.

Soldato
OP
Permabanned
It's a good chip, the KS is guaranteed 5Ghz all cores.
I would be using it for emulation like Playstation 3 emulation, Switch, Wii-U, Xbox 360 etc.. though I wouldn't swap for it for my 3900x.

Soldato

the 9900ks is EOL, most stores are out of stock and it's a limited edition product.

mod course it's not worth it, the 10900k will be at worst half that price, out in 2 months and is faster

Soldato
7K and you only get an 8 core CPU...

:D

One born every minuite I guess.

Yep.
I've yet to get my head around why OCUK and 8Pack are not going all out with Zen yet on the top end stuff. OCUK must know that Zen is far out selling anything Intel has at the moment. Not just OCUK of course, but most e-tailers. Maybe that Intel backhander is still as strong as ever ?

Soldato
Yep.
I've yet to get my head around why OCUK and 8Pack are not going all out with Zen yet on the top end stuff. OCUK must know that Zen is far out selling anything Intel has at the moment. Not just OCUK of course, but most e-tailers. Maybe that Intel backhander is still as strong as ever ?

Lots of old stock to sell at insane prices to the uninformed and the old corp backhander no doubt, they definitely pimp certain brands and items.

Soldato
I've yet to get my head around why OCUK and 8Pack are not going all out with Zen yet
Because 8Pack did nothing but complain about how rubbish the entire Zen 2 package was because X570 had a buggy launch. I don't care how many world records he has (or had), he's an overpriced Intel shill these days, and "his" systems just show that unfortunately.

Soldato
Because 8Pack did nothing but complain about how rubbish the entire Zen 2 package was because X570 had a buggy launch. I don't care how many world records he has (or had), he's an overpriced Intel shill these days, and "his" systems just show that unfortunately.

To be fair here... the Intel chips show more headroom under sensible cooling, and bear in mind he is an overclocker.

On the flip side. I have two sponsors (team level, and individual) for something not computer related. The individual sponsorship requires me to only use their products. Agreements vary, but sponsorship etc, comes with many strings.

Back
Top Bottom