1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overclockers UK are attending VR World Congress!

Discussion in 'Latest News, Deals & Special Offers' started by fiveub, 4 Apr 2016.

1. fiveub

Commissario

We are attending VR World Congress, an event held at the Marriott City Centre Hotel in Bristol on the 12th of April. VRWC has a dedicated expo hall filled to the brim with exciting and innovative companies showing off the latest developments in VR.

The event is bringing in over 600 buyers, sellers, and developers from VR and its surrounding industries to connect with the brightest minds in the VR industry.

The latest and greatest gaming PCs will be on display, starting from the recommended specification all the way up to the high performance PCs from 8Pack. We will also be demonstrating the Vive for visitors to try whilst at the event on the Overclockers UK Virtual Reality Certified PCs.

We were one of the first in the UK to bring the Room Scale VR Experience to the public. The Room Scale VR Experience is a permanent feature at the Overclockers UK store, which will allow everyone to experience Room Scale VR in their own time.

To celebrate the attendance of the event, we are giving away 2 tickets to this event right here, and right now!

Competition:

If you would like to win 2 tickets to VRWC, just reply to this thread with why you would like to go on the 12th April!

Winner will be chosen on Friday!

2. kindai

Sgarrista

Because I have nothing better to do than turn up and have a go :D?

3. Cuchillo

Associate

Instead of the tickets please send two VR headsets so that I can attended the VR World Congress, in VR! Natch! :D

4. Surfer

Capodecina

Wouldnt mind going £32 ticket expo only for just one day is a tad expensive aint it? Uhmm dont enter me in the compo though thanks for the offer. Wouldnt be able to get it off work :(

5. picnic

Wise Guy

I'm too far away to visit OC's VR demo so Bristol would do as 2nd best ;)

6. Blackbadger

Wise Guy

I'd love tickets - or even a ticket for the following reasons.

I have been working on scanning and rendering environments for the last few years. Being able to meet with like minded passionate people would be awesome.
    I was pretty gutted when I found out it was all sold out, even though I'm local.

7. bradUK

Hitman

Yay!

I desperately need to convince my missus that 700 bucks on a VIVE is a good idea, maybe a demo would help the cause!

8. TriedandTested

Capodecina

Do you know if there will be anything on show for the education sector?

9. Frenzy

Soldato

I want to convince someone to create a vrmmo in which we can trap people online and have them play a game to the death, if you die in game you die in real life. Maybe this could replace the prison system, i don't know it sounds fun

10. KillerManDan

Associate

live near so would love to attend, however the chances of me getting a vive is super low, being a student with a slightly under requirement graphics card

11. Scarecrow

Hitman

Love everything vr so would be great to go :)

Im also pushing my work to start developing for it so would be good to have more info on the tech

Last edited: 7 Apr 2016
  12. Muz333

Hitman

Would love to go but I wouldn't get it off work. Whoever wins it I hope you enjoy the event!

13. Diagro

Sgarrista

Think you been watching too much SAO

14. enigma27

Wise Guy

I would like to go as I have never won anything ever in my life..

15. Goldenb19

Associate

Iv waited my whole life for VR to happen and it's finally here!!! I am eager to look at all the new VR tech and innovation I can get my hands on!!

16. lego

Soldato

I would like to go as I want to run around pretending I'm in Ready Player One, plus I've just booked Tuesday off work so will be bored unless I win!

17. 8 Pack

OcUK Staff

I am going and taking a system for VR to show off on our stand.

18. On Holiday

Soldato

I'll go if you pick me up on the way :)

19. siriq111

Gangster

I wish to go but i need to fix my car ASAP :(
    Specialy with the VR score of 10 i would show up :D
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 5 Apr 2016
  20. Wilkeh

Gangster

I would like to go because IRL sucks. The graphics are good but the gameplay is terrible.